2 weeks post op Started by: Chloe

• Author
    40p
    Menu
    +2

Hi girls so I had my 2 week check up today and I’ve been told I still cannot shower as I have to wait till my insicions are healed even though last eeek another nurse told me when I come to my 2 week appointment I can then shower and my dressings will be removed but today this other nurse has put more dressings on me 🙁 I just want a shower when did everyone else shower ? On the plus side I can now sleep on my back and side ! Xxx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

They look amazing hun!! Im 6 days po. An desperate to showerr! Especially sleepin on my back i fort that was for month. Hopefully i can soon. I think you can shower but avoid the body wash etc gettin onto the stitches.
    Cant really say as im.not that far ahead lol xx

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

Thank you ! Yeah I thought you had to sleep at an angle for 6 weeks but she’s said I can sleep normal now ! That’s what I thought but she said if I get the insicion wet it won’t heal and I just want a shower I’m desperate ! Hope all is going well for you ! ,xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

That gives me some hope haha. Got my 1 week check up friday morning. Will ask, sleepin at an angle is doing my back in.
    Just try avoid that, water i guess is fine or double padd the insisions lol. An thankyou hun yeah it is 🙂 xx

Jess 150
    150p
    Menu

They look so good!! What did you have? Ah annoying you have to wait still, have you managed to wash your hair? Iv got my op next Friday and dreading not being able to shower every day xx

Louise 9
    9p
    Menu

They look great!!
    I was told I could shower 8dpo when I had my strapping off and I also had my dressings taken off and was told I didn’t need to get them recovered as they were dry and healing well.
    I think it may depend on how well the incisions have healed xx

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

Thank you :)! I had 325cc unders ! She did say mine still haven’t scabbed I guess I will have to be patient ! Xx

Menu

Chloe I have proper boob envy!! They look amazing. Yay to sleeping on your back and side! Can’t wait to see healed results xx

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

@jessicaloakes Aww thank you ! I know I’m so excited to hopefully actually get some sleep tonight ! Hoe did your consultation go? Xx. .

Kathryn
    0p
    Menu

I was allowed to shower the day after the op I’m not with MYA so maybe different surgeons have different rules

Menu

Hey,
    I could shower on day 23, before that I had to leave my dressings on and got them changed weekly.
    I’m still sleeping on a slight angle, my incisions are healing slowly so I can’t wait till they are properly healed!! I’m now 4wpo.
    Yours are looking amazing!
    Xxx

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

I’m guessing mine are healing slowly too 🙁 I haven’t even seen them yet ! I guess it’s for the best if I don’t shower as I do want them to heal as best as they can ! Thank you!:) xx

Lisa Louise 79
    79p
    Menu

Hi girls ????

That’s the one thing I’m dreading too! Not being able to bath/shower or wash my hair. That’s one of my comforts in life ???? Hope they heal very soon for you @chloe x

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

@lisalou84 It’s a nightmare ! I have a bath every night with bubbles and a bath bomb and sit in it for like an hour and it’s awful not being able to do that ! It all be worth it through !Thank you me too:). .

sabrina 92
    92p
    Menu

on my pre op last saturday the nurse told me I can shower in 48 hours – it also says it in my hand out.. today I brought from the local pound shop a hair dresser disposable plastic apron to tie round my neck so i can wash my hair more easily without getting incisions wet .. you could always use this to cover front so you can shower the rest of you x or can u sit in a shallow bath? x

sabrina 92
    92p
    Menu
    +1

Looking fantastic by the way – im so excited now I hope mine come out as nice as yours 🙂 x Can you move your arms easily now? x

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

Hi Sabrina I was thinking about trying to cover them but I’m worried in case they get wet and then they don’t heal properly ! I’ve been having shallow baths but it’s just not the same aha !and thank you I can move them a lot easier than I could last week but still slight discomfort xx

sabrina 92
    92p
    Menu

Hopefully it wont be long before you can shower . when have you got to see them again? x

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

I have another check up on 2 weeks :)x

Lisa Louise 79
    79p
    Menu
    +1

What a good idea @sabrina I might try that when I get mine.

Aw @chloe I’m absolutely dreading it! My life revolves around baths & showers lol hope your feeling better today x

KSO 4
    4p
    Menu

Chloe, what size were you before if you dont mind me asking? x

Chloe 40
    40p
    Menu

@kimoldham Hi I was a very small 32a 🙂 x

louise 11
    11p
    Menu

Chloe do you have a local college you could get your hair done there, i have one 5 mins from my house so plan to go there if i struggle to wash mine it’s cheap and a bit of pampering while you recover. X

Ashleigh 2
    2p
    Menu

Hi Chloe I am the same as yourself had my 2 week appointment Tuesday. The nurse on my 1 week post op appoint said next week I would have them off etc. My 2 week check up said the same with the scanning. And I’ve been told to take mine off tomorrow. She said if I wanted shower I could stand in a carrier bag to protect them as if they get wet it will be harder for them to scab over. They look so good by the way! X

Jessica 105
    105p
    Menu

How long can you actually not shower for? I only have a shower in my house … oh god lol x

sabrina 92
    92p
    Menu

I have water proof glue so have been told can shower straight away.. but as will require two to put on the bra and band thing I wont be. its gona have to be partial shower .. x The thought of taking off the bra makes me feel sick x How healed up are your incisions chloe? x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Just re read this before my 1 week check up, i got the all clear for showers an i can see my incisions there pretty healed,
    I did all i could to heal fast, keep vitamic C up, protein an lots of water. I made sure i did an nurse recomended to keep doin it.
    An walk about in the day to get blood circulation get them healin quick. Hope it helps i kno how you feel week for me was hard enough xx

Emily 20
    20p
    Menu

Chloe they look amazing Hun are you pleased? Cxxxxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.