3 weeks Pre-Op Started by: tracy

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Hi Ladies,
    So i am going in for my surgery on the 22nd of April, getting nervous now I have to say but very excited. Just wanted to hear a little about your experiences.
    I am going to be staying over night at the surgery and wondered what it was like in terms of after care etc.
    Think i am most worried about the pain afterwards, but i guess that depends on the person…
    Had a couple of questions and I am so sorry if they seem silly!
    I like to excercise and from what I understand you cant excercise for 6 weeks, just wondered if that was the case or if anyone has any good excercise tips through the healing process.
    I forgot to ask at my pre appointments, but with the scars underneath, when would you have to get the stitching removed?
    Also I know MYA recommend some sports bra post op, how long do you have to wear these till you can change to sports bras that are still supportive but look a little prettier?

I probs have loads more that will pop up in my head, but any tips/advice will be great 🙂

Thanks ladies xxxx

Danielle 131
    131p
    Menu

Hi @gallers1984 In regards to the pain when you first wake up post op you won’t feel any pain really just a little pressure. Depending on your implant placement can depend on the pain you may have, I had overs so the pain was minimal but partials and unders are more painful from what I have gathered from other girls experiences. You get injected with pain killers whilst your op is taking place, this is given in your thigh. You also get some local anaesthetic injected into your boobs. You will be given a course of pain killers and anti-biotics to take when you get home. The pain killers if taken religiously will last three days.

I was told no exercise for 6 weeks as you mentioned some girls have been signed off a little early but this is all dependent on your healing. I don’t think you should do any exercise without your nurses sign off. On you get the sifn off it will still only be limited to light exercise. I’m just under 4 weeks so still waiting for my sign off.

In regards to the stitches, they use dissolvable ones and at your 1 weeks post op check the nurse will tell you that you will need to keep an eye on them to see if they dissolve on their own or need trimming. If they need trimming you will probably be asked to go back to see the nurse a week later. I had to have 3 trimmed. It’s not painful just uncomfortable.

You wear your sports bra for 6 weeks or until you get signed off for normal bras. I had two Macoms and wore one then swapped to the other whilst it was being washed and keep doing it that way. You can wear a sports bra at any time it just needs to be supportive. You will probably have to continue to wear the sports bra at night even once you’ve had the sign off for underwire bras.

Hope this helps you hun 🙂

X

tracy
    0p
    Menu

Thank you so much lovely!

I really appreciate all your advice!

Think I’m getting all nervous and the questions I hadn’t thought of are now springing me mind!

Xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.