4 day post op! Feeling run down? Started by: Claire

• Author
    19p
    Menu

I feel really drowsy and nauseous today is this normal I felt a bit like it yesterday but today is a lot worse

Devon 7
    7p
    Menu

Hi Claire, i’m po day 5 and i started to feel more sick and tired yesterday, had my post op appt just now at Leeds and it sounds like its the antibiotics ???? Really don’t want to finish them because i feel so sick but think i’m gonna ???? hope you feel okay soon xx

Hayley 8
    8p
    Menu

My painkillers made me like that right up until I stopped taking them :/ I figured it was worth having a sleep and taking the painkillers, rather than be in pain but wide awake. It’s a lot more medication than your body is used to, as well as the stress of trying to heal itself ?

Anonymous
    -3p
    Menu

I was exactly the same, the painkillers made me feel so ill. But you also have to bear in mind that your body has been under a lot of stress and is trying to repair itself, so that alone will make you feel run down as well as all the extra meds that you’re not used to. Don’t worry it passes really quickly once you start to get better! The first week mark was when I started to feel a lot better xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.