5 weeks post op, infection??? Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    2p
    Menu

Hi girls! Not posted much last few weeks but have been reading your progress. Need some help ladies! I have noticed today when taking my sports bra off there is a little residue on the inside of my sports bra where my left incision sits, it looks like fluid which has dried. I have noticed last few days the my left scar isn’t healing as well as the right, the right one has literally nothing left on it now, it’s flat and no stitches hanging out etc. The left still has a scab which appears to be weeping slightly! I’m worried this is probably infection but have any of you had this and how is it treated??? I haven’t got my 6 weeks check with the nurse till next week, it’s a whole train journey away so I doubt I can get in to see her before hand, is this something the GP can deal with???

Here is a photo I really need your opinions. I didn’t want to call the emergency number since it’s not an emergency, I’m not in pain or anything, just concerned I need antibiotics or something.

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Photo quality is absolutely rubbish I’m afraid x

Emma 26
    26p
    Menu

i found this online hun might help….”Implant infection is truly a rare event and happens in the range of 1 out of a 1000. It is difficult to assess if your infection is a localized suture abscess or possible infected area of fat necrosis versus a true implant infection. In the case of the latter, the entire breast tends to be swollen and red.. Generally speaking a course of antibiotics may be recommended”

Apply something like savlon or an antibacterial cream and keep an eye on yourself for tell tale signs such as pain, reddness, swelling, and fever but consult your gp as soon as you can, can never be too safe when it comes to your health hun 🙂 x

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Thanks hun, been googling like mad and now worried because as everyone knows, Google tends to tell you your dying and your legs might fall off :’) I’m luckily seeing her next week, going to ring them tomorrow, but really just want to get started on some antibiotics if it is a localised infection, don’t want it getting serious to the implant! X

Emily 2
    2p
    Menu
    +1

this is a slow reply but I’m a nurse and although it’s hard to see from this photo, I would say don’t worry but do call MYA help line.
    You can go to the pharmacist and show them (they almost always have a private consultation room), pharmacists have a huge amount of knowledge and can maybe suggest something to help.
    Otherwise I would suggest cleaning with saline only, let it dry and put on a dressing and check on it daily.
    don’t freak yourself out and hope it’s all cleared up soon!
    and never, ever, ever, google anything health wise it literally will tell you the worst case and just freak you out 😀

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Awww thanks a lot Emily for your reassurance!!! I needed that for sure! Bloody Google haha bet it is the bane of nurses and doctors lives :’)

I will ring them tomorrow I was so busy at work today I completely forgot! Do you have any idea where I could get saline from hun? I’ve managed to get 500mg amoxicillin today which I hope will help clear up any infection if it is indeed present! Thanks for your advice zxxxxx

Nicole 12
    12p
    Menu

yes looks slightly infected, id go to your GP hun, he should be able to prescribe some antibiotics, will usually take a swab and see what ones you need, shouldnt take long to heal 😀 xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.