Are you melting in the summer heat? We definitely are here at MYA HQ! We can only imagine how our poor post-op MYA patients are feeling in their sports bras, Vaser
garments or bandages. So in light of the hot recovery you are going through (or just anyone feeling a little too hot), we've come up with some awesome tips on keeping cool and protected:
1. Protect your New Assets and Skin
Remember when the sun is out to always apply a high factor or sun block. You must avoid the sun for 6 weeks post-op. Following this, be safe in the sun not only for the medical reasons but the sun damage can affect the elasticity in your skin which causes wrinkles and your new assets to sag faster.
2. Protect Them Scars
Avoid all sun exposure to scars if possible otherwise use sun block. The sun can make scars appear darker and more prominent.
3. Wear Light Colours
Wearing light coloured clothing is a lot cooler than dark clothes which attract the sun.
4. Lotions and Cosmetics
Store your lotions and cosmetics in a fridge as they will be extremely refreshing when applied to warm skin.
5. Drink Plenty of Water
Staying hydrated is really important in warm weather for your general health but it also encourages healing.
6. Talcum Powder
If you are over 6 weeks post-op, talc is great to put in your bra, down your cleavage or in between your thighs to soak up sweat or moisture.
7. Eat Spicy Food
This one may seem strange but it isn’t coincidental that many people that live in the hotter regions of the world eat spicy food. Eating spicy food increases perspiration which cools the body as it evaporates.
8. Damp Cloth
when you are in the early stages of healing you can’t exactly just jump in the shower to cool down so we suggest a using cold water on a cloth and placing it on the back of your neck or forehead.
9. Homemade Ice Lollies
Everyone loves ice lollies in the summer to help cool down but what if we said these lollies are only 50 calories and healthy! Getting the correct nutrition such as berries/fruit in your diet can help the healing process. You can’t go wrong with these babies!!
- 250g cherries, stoned (you can always use mixed berries or strawberries as an alternative)
- 200g carton Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Finely zested rind of 1 lemon
- Ice-lolly molds and sticks
- Place the ingredients in a liquidizer or food processor and whizz until smooth. Pour the mixture into the ice-lolly molds and freeze for about 2 hours, until the mixture thickens. Press a stick into each and leave in the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and dip the molds swiftly into hot water to release the lollies.
If all else fails and your still warm you’re now a #MYAGirl so get on your new bikini and enjoy! Make sure you tag us in all your photos on our Twitter