1 week post op wound dressing come off Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Hi girls,

So I had my 1 week post op assessment on Friday the 14th, I had my dressings changed and nurse said she’s happy with my cuts and they didn’t even need cleaning. On Wednesday just gone I woke up and my white plaster which covers the insission had came off at the bottom I went to the chemist and bought the same white plaster cover and put it over as I was scared of infection, I have my 2 week post op appointment tomorrow and have had no blood on the plasters or anything I’m just worried I could of got an infection from the time the plaster was off though the night, do you think I have anything to worry about? Like I say I’m in tomorrow with the nurse so just going to see what they say tomorrow xx

Mollie 21
    21p
    Menu

Hey!
    I wouldn’t have thought so since you covered it straight back up again. If you had of left it open then there could be a possibility but I think you’ll be fine! Hope your recovery is going well x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Thankyou for the reply Mollie,

I think I was just panicking over nothing 😂should be okay hopefully Thankyou xx

martyna 5
    5p
    Menu
    +1

Hey, I wouldn’t worry my surgeon took the plasters off on my 1 week post op check up, best way is to let them breathe x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi Martyna, thanks for the reply I feel more reassured now 🙂 xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.