1 week till op! Reality has set in! Started by: Jade

• Author
    1p
    Menu

I have my op 15/11/2019 with dr mileto for 450cc overs I am exited but also now the nerves are setting in a lot haha. I am a size 10 5ft8 so hoping they won’t look too out of proportion! Any last minute advice for the day?!

Zoë 2
    2p
    Menu
    +2

I had the same 450cc overs with Ms Lutz I’m a size 14 though, be prepared to have someone with you for the first few days and keep on top of your meds they provide. Take snacks to the hospital (I was starving afterwards lol) have you got the essentials? Button up tops, easy fit clothes, slippers etc? Hope it all goes well x

Shannon 8
    8p
    Menu
    +2

V pillow was a big help!

I bought a zip up tracksuit for the day of surgery as I knew I wouldnt be able to lift my arms after the op, ended up living in it once I got out and about from day 5.

My surgeon also recommended ice packs but I hardly used them.

And dont forget your bra on the day of surg! ?

Rae 6
    6p
    Menu
    +1

I had Dr Mileto!!!
    He’s amazing and so lovely. My surgery was at 12pm so just expect to be waiting a while in the morning. I slept a lot!! Then got guided down for surgery, sent to sleep and then woke up at 2:30pm! I was out of it, don’t remember the journey back to the room but I just slept until like 6pm where I ate toast they gave me.

Make sure you bring with you a button up pyjama top (over sized), this has been my go to for the last 5 days so I really recommend you have one of these, I recommend a pregnancy pillow to keep you up right at night, a travel pillow to rest your head, paracetamol (the pain med they gave me made me really bloated however no ibruprofen as this thins the blood), I recommend flannels too for the rubbing of the breast band and sports bra. I brought with me a toothbrush and toothpaste before I went down as you may be in too much pain to brush your teeth later on?

I also took with me head phones, a book and a blanket but I didn’t get to use these but it’s nice to have 🙂

Just make sure you have someone with you for the first 2/3 days as they’re the most painful and you’re getting used to having the tightness on your chest!

Hope it goes well, as I said dr Mileto is lovely!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Rae 6.
    Jade 1
    1p
    Menu
    +1

I have had my op now! Literally worrying over nothing it was amazing. My surgeon was so lovely and the nurses were all so great! I went down at 2pm and was back in my room by 3.30pm I was in barely any pain just tight and heavy chest! I was sick later in the evening due the the anaesthetic but they gave me anti sickness and I was fine. Slept well through the night and left about 11am the next day. Post op next Friday but I’m not in much pain I am fairly mobile also just can’t move my arms too high. A lot better than what I thought it would be 2 days post op!!! Have a post op picture!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rhianne 2
    2p
    Menu

Hiya Jade! I had my surgery the same day as you! I went down around 11:45am. I feel the exact same as you, the pain is easing slightly today thankfully!
    I have ridiculous bloat though which is so uncomfortable and painful!!
    Hope your having a good recovery.
    I managed to undo a few hooks on my bra this morning and have a little look!
    Xxx

Jade 1
    1p
    Menu

I took my bra off as soon as I got home to look haha. Yeah my post op bra sits right on my dressing which isn’t too comfortable. I haven’t taken any pain killers today either but yes I am bloated also which sucks!! Hope you recover well xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.