2.5 weeks post op: incisions, pain and sleeping on my side! Started by: April J

• Author
    16p
    Menu

Hi again everyone 🙂 I’m now 2.5 weeks post op and my boobs are squishy and all fine but under my boob just above my incision area they’re quite tender. I wouldn’t say they’re sore but there is a little bit of pain, almost like a bruise when I press down… is this normal?
    I think my Macom bra keeps rising and rubbing on the incisions which isn’t helping so I’m going to M&S tomorrow to ask about their post surgical bras and see if I can get something a bit more comfortable.

Under my right book I have some pain on my rib it almost feels bruised, nothing too painful but almost feels like I’ve pulled something. It’s only a minor discomfort nothing too bad at all, is that normal too lol?

And finally, WHEN CAN I SLEEP ON MY SIDE? I cannot bear sleeping on my back any longer it keeps me awake for hours at night lol! The nurse said a good few weeks but I was hoping for advice from you ladies as to who went back to sleeping normally and when 🙂 X

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by April J 16.
    Shannon 8
    8p
    Menu

This isn’t advice but I’m in the same boat… I HATE SLEEPING ON MY BACK!!!
    7 days post op and I feel like an upside down turtle. Have also never paid such close attention to my ceiling…

Glad yours gave started to soften so soon, gives me hope that mine will as I dont quite feel they’re a part of me yet as they’re so hard!

Faye 1
    1p
    Menu

Any tips for sleeping better on your back girls? Had my op yesterday and just had the most horrendous night, basically been awake all night?the back pain is worse than the boob pain!

Abi 1
    1p
    Menu

Same I’m desperate to lie on my side ? I’m 16 days PO and have spent a week on the sofa so I can bend my knees up and rest them to the side to take the pressure off my back ?. I have my 2 week post op check tomorrow so going to ask the nurse about sleeping ? x

Faye 1
    1p
    Menu

It’s awful isn’t it?! I just couldn’t go off at all, I’m exhausted! Really hope the nurse gives you the green light to try your side, 16 days is a long time! Xx

Abi 1
    1p
    Menu
    +1

Saw the nurse today and she said 6 weeks no sleeping on my side ? and to stay in my macom bra for 6 weeks day and night. Just ordered some Asda sports bras thinking I could change to them ?

How are you both feeling?! Xx

Shannon 8
    8p
    Menu

I’m 10 days post op today and I’m slowly getting used to sleeping on my back. I’m able to lay tilted side to side for s short while and it takes some pressure off.

I’m struggling with really sore nipples! Not sure if it’s the bra rubbing where I’ve had it on constantly or whether it’s because they’re stretching a bit!?

How are you feeling @toothfairy85 ?

Abi 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m feeling good just odd aches and tired.

Oh yes sore nipples. I got some nipple cream and breast pads to help that. Mine arnt as bad now just very sensitive.

Glad your able to get more sleep. The first 2 weeks are definitely the worst x

Josie 9
    9p
    Menu

Hi
    It’s 3 weeks post op tomorrow see my consultant then.
    Started off great just little discomfort but boy after14 days my incision area was very sore burning pain worse than after surgery
    I’ll be 3 week’s tomorrow and have to say that it’s getting much better.
    Scare is healing lovely and burning pain is a lot better

Shannon 8
    8p
    Menu

@josiechan2002

I completely agree! I think week 2 is worst than week one ?.
    My incisions hurt more and my skin hurts more too, nothing unbearable but like I said before my poor nips are suffering.

Josie 9
    9p
    Menu

Seen doctor thurs said I don’t need to have tape on incisions and to get a good cream to rub in scare, burning pain is a lot better, I feel I can move my arms more and do more.
    Haven’t got to see him now for 3 months
    I did notice I have 3 small lumps in scare when I rubbed cream on it the lumps popped and disappeared do anyone know what it was it’s freaking me out ?

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.