2 days post op Started by: Annalisa

• Author
    2p
    Menu
    +1

I am on the second day of recovery ladies. I feel in absolute agony and as though I’m all alone. I have back pain from sleepless nights, a very very tight chest that even hurts when I’m breathing. I just can’t get comfortable and I want to sleep so much. I’m keeping up with painkillers as much as I can. Can someone please say they’ve been in the same boat as me. I feel as though I’m not going to get any better. ☹️ X

@295cc 1
    1p
    Menu

@annalisa I wrote the exact same comment yesterday I was in absolute agony and so sore. I’m on day 3 now and I feel so much better. Still very tender and swollen. Also still feel tight across my chest but not as bad as day one.

Bonnie 3
    3p
    Menu

This is common are you wearing a strap as well. ..??

Annalisa 2
    2p
    Menu

I don’t have a strap only post op bra. I know it’s early days but how people are exactly fine straight after makes me jealous. I can’t believe the pain I’m in and I practically can’t do anything! I hope I notice more of a difference tomorrow. I just need a good night sleep which I can’t seem to get. I can’t even grab a couple of hours. ????☹️ X

@295cc 1
    1p
    Menu

@annalisa I said the same honestly I wanted you tube videos and people were fine that’s really not the case. It’s day three and Iv noticed a massive difference. I’m still very swollen and sore but I can move more and manage the pain.

Annalisa 2
    2p
    Menu

@295cc I’m hoping tomorrow I’ll notice some sort of a difference. My fiancé’s getting me a V shaped pillow to see if that helps me tonight. Fingers crossed. I’m glad you’ve started feeling better!

Gemma B 95
    95p
    Menu

I found a v shaped pillow and a travel neck pillow really helped my sleep. I also got an ice bag off amazon and ice packs which really helped too. The first few days are the hardest, you’ll be through it soon. What painkillers are having? xxx

Annalisa 2
    2p
    Menu

I’m using frozen peas in a pack. Haha god I didn’t expect this, I’m on co-codamol 30/500 and ibuprofen. I feel things are only helping for a short time xxx

Gemma B 95
    95p
    Menu

It’ll get better. I phoned my gp for something stronger at first, but did actually need it by day 4. By then I found the ibuprofen helped the most because of the swelling, and I saved the co-codamol to help me sleep. But the ice helped a lot!
    I also slept on the sofa for the first 2 weeks, I found it really comfy… i’m 4wpo now, but keep getting tempted to go back on the sofa because I can’t get comfy in bed! xxx

Annalisa 2
    2p
    Menu

I literally feel like it’s not going to get better. I can’t see the light at the tunnel I feel miserable and thinking why have I got this done I didn’t realise the amount of pain I’d be in! I can’t even get comfy on the sofa I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It’s anywhere, I literally can’t make myself comfortable. It’s not about being comfortable it’s the fact that every position makes pain seep through my chest. It’s agonising! ☹️ Xxx

@295cc 1
    1p
    Menu

@annalisa Iv added you message me we can chat. Keep each other going

Christy 9
    9p
    Menu

Hi girls!

I’m just over 3 weeks post-op now and I’m reading your comments and remember feeling exactly the same! From around day 3 to day 6 I was just constantly uncomfortable and fed up. It honestly took over a week to feel anywhere near normal and it’s only in the past week or so I’ve started to be fully confident with driving, opening doors, lifting things etc. I saw people saying they’d gone out for lunch and been out shopping and thought I wasn’t recovering well and when I went for my 1 week post op appointment my nurse said most girls she sees really aren’t like that and are in a lot of pain and resting properly like you are doing is whats going to give you the best recovery and finished result!

The first week is horrible and I was miserable but just try and sleep constantly and don’t do anything too strenuous! In a few days you’ll get back to feeling normal and when you get a proper look at your new boobs once they’re not as swollen and painful you’ll have no regrets at all!

xxx

Annalisa 2
    2p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Christy.

I’ve got to be honest, it’s so reassuring to hear you say that! I think because of how tight my chest is, it makes me panick not being able to get up if I’ve slouched. I’m trying to do absolutely nothing but little bits like making cups of tea just to keep me sane and moving. I’ve got to be honest, I’m finding this extremely tough! ☹️ Xxx

Gemma B 95
    95p
    Menu

If you’re still really struggling Hun phone your GP tomorrow, ask for a phone consultation, see if you can get a different type of pain relief that may be more effective for you xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.