2 days post op, feeling very sick?! Started by: Natalie Harvey

• Author

Has anyone else been feeling sick due to the cocodamol or the antibiotics that were given to us at the hospital?
    Not too sure which one is making me feel sick but I threw up 3 times in about 4 hours this morning?

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu

I was sick off the co codamol. I just ended up changing to paracetamol on the first day and been on that since. I know a few on here have taken ibruprofen as well x

Menu

I took some paracetamol earlier instead to see if it was that and it still made me feel a bit sick but could just be the fact that I pracically never take pain relief ect and having the antibiotics together with it as well x
    Have you felt better cutting out the cocodamol?

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu

Yeah the antibiotics still make me feel sick. And could also be the anaesthetic leaving your body. I never normally take pain relief either, but I’ve found it so much better. I’m pod5 and stopped taking pain relief on day 3… I rang mya the day after surgery as I was being sick as soon as I took the cocodamol and she just said to swap it for paracetamol as cocodamol is really strong x

Menu

I tried some ibuprofen earlier and so far so good, I started taking the cocodamol the evening of my op and was ok then. Wasn’t until this morning (full day 2) that I started being sick, managed a full day with everything cooperating with me haha!
    What did you have and who was your surgeon?

Menu

I’ve been really poorly too. I’m POD5 today. I came off the anti biotics yesterday morning and feeling tonnes better. They’ve given me a horrible rash around my mouth too! Hopefully it will go before work on Monday haha. I definitely think it was the antibiotics though x

Menu

Aw bless Danielle, yeah hopefully it’ll go down, does it covers with makeup?

My back hasn’t been too bad really, was absolutely shattered yesterday and almost fell asleep in the salon when I was having my hair and nails done haha!
    Have you tried putting a pillow under your bum in bed to relieve the pressure?
    I had 450 hp Overs with Dr Traynor xx

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu

Yeah I rearranged and propped my pillows different last night and that helped. Just can’t wait for this strapping to come off! X

Abbie 2
    2p
    Menu

I’m 4 days post op and I’ve had to come off the anti biotics today, felt like I was on a boat and very sickly! X

Menu

Guys I’m in agony and can’t sleep, I’m PO day 2 and can hardly sleep as I’m so uncomfortable!! I’m so bloated and my incisions are so tickly. Please tell me it gets better!! X

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu

It definitely gets better! Day 6 was the turnaround point for me. Hang in there, I know it’s though x

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu

It definitely gets better! Day 6 was the turnaround point for me. Hang in there, I know it’s tough x

Menu

Harriet have you got some Senakot? Will help with the bloating.
    If you’re not already it might be worth setting an alarm every 4 hours even through the night to take your pain killers so that you’re not waiting for the pain to come back before taking them again.
    I’ve not found sleeping too bad, I’ve been sleeping on the sofa a lot in the day because it’s much more comfortable, I’m 4 days now and I can almost sit up myself with no problems, struggle a bit every now and then X

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.