2 weeks post op, incision scar, opinions needed please Started by: Ani

• Author
    9p
    Menu

I am 2 weeks post op after 700cc. Recovery going ok and started showering from day 8. The last couple of days I noticed small white bit at the end of one of my incisions. I have had no bleed, but very small weeping of tiny bits of fluid (stain on bra) that I notice end of the day. I have blown up these pictures because naked eye you can’t really see anything. Is it puss or where the stitch is dissolving and that stitch maybe a bit stubborn ? I would appreciate opinions or comments please.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Menu

Hey Hun, is it a bit of the stitch poking out? X

Misia 54
    54p
    Menu

Sorry I don’t know, but if you really worry just send pic to nurse

Rosy 35
    35p
    Menu
    +1

Hey Hun I had a stitch poking out both sides but they were always dry, I wouldn’t worry about it but I would get it checked just because it looks a little sticky and may just need a little help xxx

Ani 9
    9p
    Menu
    +1

Thanks girls for your comments. To be safe, I telephoned my patient co-ordinator lunchtime today and arranged to pop in later today for very quick ‘nurse look’. The MYA team seem very good on these sort of questions post surgery and I find they will always accommodate wherever they can. Reaction time appears good.

Menu

I’ve asked my mum who’s a nurse and she thinks it’s the stitch but because it looks a little open and inflamed she recommended going to your gp and seeing them they might put a dressing on or give you some antibiotics too reduce the redness around that area xx

Hayley 21
    21p
    Menu

That looks like its infected to me . I’ve had 2 infections since having mine done and antibiotics clear it up x

Ani 9
    9p
    Menu
    +1

Thanks for your comments so far girls. I saw the nurse at MYA Fitzroy this afternoon (Thursday) who was incredibly helpful. Re-dressed scar, told me keep an eye on it and review in few days. Very impressed by the aftercare already. Only downside really is another few days of not fully showering.

Menu

Glad your sorted Hun x

Ani 9
    9p
    Menu

Thanks, the nurse I saw was Sarah at MYA Fitzroy and she was brilliant. Took the time to give me tips on keeping clean over the next 7 days and re-booked for a follow up Monday 14th.

Sara 23
    23p
    Menu

Hi @pralina I replied to your message hunni. Glad you’re all sorted xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.