3 weeks post op…. Started by: Lianne

• Author
    12p
    Menu

Hi girls….I’m 3 weeks post op today….Loving my new nose, seems to be changing daily 🙂 But I’ve been getting a real ache on the tip of my nose the last couple of days and I still feel really quite blocked up around and in the nostril area. Has anyone else had this? Wondered if it is normal? Thanks xx

Gem 1
    1p
    Menu

Hi lianne, I’m 3 weeks post op today! And my nose is so blocked still and lots of dry blood – I got a nasal spray which has helped! And my tip is like a numb ache and sometimes tingles? It’s so hard and tight still and I’m the same my nose changes daily!!!! Even from morning to night it’s crazy! My tip seems to have got bigger! Xxxxx

Lianne 12
    12p
    Menu

Hi Gem….Thanks for your reply….I’m pleased its not just me 🙂 I was starting to wonder if I had an infection or something…..Its obviously just quite a long healing process I guess….What nasal spray do you have? My nose is so dry and feels so tight, its driving me mad lol 🙂 xxx

Gem 1
    1p
    Menu

I know it’s such a pain! Just a Vicks nasal spray! I just want the swelling to go down now??? I’m so inpatient!!!!!!! xxxx

Carly 2
    2p
    Menu

Hi girls mine is exactly the same!! I got a nasal spray like saline drops just salt water basically . Just hope it loosens up my nose abit. I still have trouble after I put lip balm on and then rubbing my lips together!! Lol! It still pulls on my nostrils and I still wake up with a dry mouth which makes me gag ? Still got stitches up there aswell which I’m not sure should still be there ? I’ve got the Nurse on January 8th. When are u both seeing the Nurse? Xxx

Lianne 12
    12p
    Menu

Hi Katie ? It’s all completely normal hun I really struggled to sleep I rubbed Vicks on my chest at night I think it helped a bit. It’s horrible isn’t it ? I left my drip pad on Untill day 4 I think it was as my nose kept weeping….Did they give you any gauze to come home with? I found it much easier to leave that on rather than keep wiping it…. I’m 4 weeks po today and I’m still really blocked up It is a bit tough…..Keep saying to yourself only a few days and you’ll see your new nose and it will all be so worth the recovery……Good luck hun ️Xxx

Lianne 12
    12p
    Menu

I forgot to say do you have a v pillow? I’m still using it now it’s so good I propped up two normal pillows and then laid the v pillow over them It’s awkward sleeping at an angle and not flat but I found it was not too bad doing it this way It actually got quite comfortable after a few days ? ️xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.