375 UHP partials opp day 18/3/19 Started by: Marilyn

• Author
    34p
    Menu
    +1

Okay so my surgery day went great I was nowhere near as anxious as I thought. The staff at Preston where great I had my own sideroom. Seen the ward nurse, HCA, ward doctor, anaethist, his assistant the ODP and of course my consultant. The only thing I remember about theatre is the needle in my hand that hurt a tiny bit nothing much and then they talked me to sleep. Weird as I felt my shoulders go weak and I could tell I was going to be unconscious soon.
    Going to be honest I was most scared about being anaethisied but I had so much confidence in the team they where so friendly and everything was so thorough I knew I was in safe hands. I only remember briefly opening my eyes as I was getting wheeled back to the bedroom although apparently I was awake for a while but I have no knowledge of this.
    I had to pat slide across on a board that was awkward as my boobs where tight feeling. Obbs checked water given the usual, initially I declined pain killers as it was more of a tight and stiffness to my chest than a pain however as I had unders I soon started to feel a pulling sensation under my armpit shooting into my boob when I tried to extend or move my arm too much (particularly my left). I was also lying slouched in bed and it was uncomfortable trying to sit upright I tried to shuffle my bum back but you seem to sink into the mattress and u can’t use your arms so I had to lift with my abdomen which I felt made my chest muscles way tighter so had pain killers then. Had obbs checked regularly. Pain never fully went away but more of a tightness as I said only the shooting muscular pain on movement. My partner helped me up to the toilet as they where preparing me for discharge this happened about 2 hours after I came back from recovery although to me felt like half an hour as I was so tired. Getting to edge of bed and standing was very difficult you feel your chest tightening even more and there so stiff. I eventually made it by tilting myself forward to stand when I made it to the edge. Felt very wobbly near had a little slip but he was there. He had to help me get trousers down and flush toilet turn on tap etc.
    One last set of obbs and off I went the journey home wasn’t too bad. I had a pillow under seatbelt as advised from previous forums (thanks girls) and pain was okay. Worse on corners and bumps/potholes. When I got her me I lay on the sofa propped up I felt great I had new boobs they where great in my eyes and I didn’t have painkillers at this stage for like 3 hours as I felt fine resting….
    Then came the first trip upstairs to the toilet. So again another struggle to stand that hurt as my chest is still stiff and it’s hard to twist to stand and I got pains under my armpits again going into centre of my boob. Partner had to help me with light cord removing pj’s even getting a piece of toilet roll. I looked in the mirror seen my hair was an absolute mess so I thought I’d try to brush it and make myself feel better. I couldn’t even do this as literally cannot stretch arms up and keep them close to. My side or the pain goes to a 10/10. It was at this point I broke down crying. Not sure why I felt annoyed I’d lost my Independance I was in do much pain trying to do simple things. I was frustrated asking him to do everything. Alot of it I put it down to anaesthetic wearing off too. Decided then to head to bed. Dosed up on senna codeine paracetomal and ibuprofen which only slightly take the edge off if ur lying still but again in movement it intensifies. Slept a bit and now awake at 0350. Trying to reach water and my analgesia but I can’t I’ve also slid down the bed a bit and dread trying to get up as they feel very stiff today like an ironing board. I found the night before it helped if my other half pushed me up from behind my back. I’ve just had to wake him for a drink and he’s gone asleep so I feel guilty now if I wake him again to. Move up. I’d say pain score 1-2/10 like this so don’t really need meds yet but so uncomfortable with my back and when I try to reach round with either arm to get another drink pain shoots to 9/10 if not a 10 and I physically can’t do it. It feels like I’ve pulled every muscle in my chest and the under arm pain is crazy which shoots down the side .
    I just want to keep a record of my journey for experience and reflection. People say it gets worse which it provides probably does. I think my problem is that I want to be able to do things myself and my feel myself pushing myself a bit of ts boring me lying in bed and lying down.
    On another note I don’t have any kids. I’m not sure if this makes a difference but I’m be been told it feels like your milks coming in and Ive never had an Operation or pain of any sorts before.
    Wll upload progress pics soon as I found it difficult to find ultra high profile pics myself. There very madonna if I’m honest. Last big thank you to ‘breast friends’ you girls have kept me sane and helped me in knowing what’s ‘normal’ xx

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

375 uhp partials previously empty 32b opp day

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

Try again…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu
    +1

And again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sarah 64
    64p
    Menu

What a great honest account, hope the pain settles soon for you.
    You’ve almost put me off!!!!!!! Xx

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

Sorry Sarah today is a better day I was stiff this morning but did washing etc this afternoon think I’ve overdone it though. I think the first night and day is a bit of an emotional rollaecoaster but the results will most definitely be worth it x

Barbara 54
    54p
    Menu

Write write more!; seriously I feel like I was reading my thoughts. Had my op 2 days ago and my partner is helping me with literally everything and I hate feeling so helpless and dependent. Had also 375 cc mod plus unders.
    When your pain was gone? Did you do some short walks ?

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

Hey Barbara it’s amazing I feel like a whole new woman. Sorry ur feeling shitty atm it does get easier. I remember being one of them girls like when?? I think I went out of the house on day 4 but I was very guarded and stiff walking hunched over didn’t last too long out and I slept mostly when I came back then I literally rested the rest of the week. I had to take a second week of work as stil couldn’t lift my arms and had pain if I moved a certain way nowhere near as bad as week one tho. During end of week one/week 2 u suddenly develop backache well I did anyway. It was near worse than boob pain as a constant dull ache that stayed for 3 days then thankfully randomly went. Just take it easy be mindful of ur stitches mine took a bit longer to heel I thnk I was stretching and reaching too much and probs tugged on them a bit. I’d say pain well the bad pain gone by day 8 like I was stil having to gt pushed out of bed ? thankfully not anymore. Idk maybe I’m a winge but genuinely it was worse than what I was expecting so I can only be honest ? xx

Barbara 54
    54p
    Menu

Thank you Marilyn! I have already the back pain, it’s so annoying because I cannot straight my back and I badly want to. When I walk I look like a “half ball” from a side with my chin on my chest xD my upper back is carving to relax.
    I’m going back to the office on day 10 so I hope I will be able to move already by then – no chance for me to take a second week off.

Do you have photos of how they look right now? A month after the op? ❤️❤️

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.