4 days post op- can I sleep flat? Back pain is bad! Started by: Nikki

• Author
    9p
    Menu

Hey!

So 4 days post op. 450cc hp unders. They hurt but my back is ragging! I can’t slee, I feel terrible and just fed up!!

I’m sleeping at 45 degree angle in bed. I say sleeping- more dozing in agony. My bag is so bad, it’s on fire honestly.

Can I sleep flat? Why do we sleep elevated? Can I go more flat, it may hurt my back less?

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

Xxxx

Nicki 23
    23p
    Menu

Hey Hun. I will be honest I haven’t been sleeping at a 45. Just about 3 pillows. And I have in the end got a strop on and slept on my side!! But when I did leave the hospital, one of the doctors did say that it’s not the end of the world as long as you don’t sleep on your belly xx

Alexandra 6
    6p
    Menu

My nurse told me that you have to lay at an angle as it helps reduce swelling and protects breast symmetry. The angle keeps the pressure off the breasts, otherwise you may have difficulty breathing xx

Nikki 9
    9p
    Menu

Oh it’s just awful, so painful! My back is killing. Feel like I can’t do this anymore. lol pathetic but seriously just bad! I’m going to go slightly less up right tonight and see if I can overcome the pain and sleep! Xxx

Emma 9
    9p
    Menu

Hey @nikki1988 have you found anything that helps? I’m 3DPO and my boobs don’t hurt much at all compared to the excruciating back pain I’m having. I get a little bit of relief from a hot water bottle on my lower back so that may help you too. Feel better soon xxx

Sophie 90
    90p
    Menu
    +1

Try this set up, i slept like a baby this way x

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nikki 9
    9p
    Menu

That does look crazy comfy Sophy, maybe I need to buy another pregnancy pillow then lol xxxxxEmma let’s try this! Xx

Sophie 90
    90p
    Menu

Just use 3 normal pillows, 2 in a v shape on the bed and one sitting on top then your v pillow infront of that one. Little cushion for lumbar support xx

Laura 47
    47p
    Menu

Hi I had just the same problem! My lower back pain kept me awake all night – not my boobs!
    Put a pillow under your knees! It really worked for me x

Helen 29
    29p
    Menu

Just like how Sophy has set her pillows out is very similar to how I had mine, making sure lots of pillows behind to support my back. Asada have packs of two pillows really good price x

Menu

Hi Hun from 4dpo I got sick and just lay on my back I’m now four weeks post op and still lie on my back and it’s not been an issue even my nurse said you can’t really help it if you’re in pain. Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.