4 days post op!! Feel rubbish Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Hi girls,
    I’m 4dpo today and I just feel absolutely rubbish, I feel exhausted, my back is killing me, my boobs feel like a lead weight on my chest and so tight! I can’t sleep I dunno what to do to make myself feel better!!
    I don’t want to be one of those girls that moans but I just feel so ill, is it due to anaesthetic or is it just me who feels this unwell??
    Does anyone have any tips on how to start feeling normal again???

Amanda 12
    12p
    Menu

Sorry to hear your not feeling well.
    Are you taking your pain meds? Drinking lots of water?
    I have 2 v pillows for sleeping and a travel pillow to put around the front of my neck which helps massively xxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Yeah I’m taking all my meds, I just feel really run down and poorly, I have no energy to get out of bed, I get all worried incase there is something wrong with me or if it’s normal.

RK94 3
    3p
    Menu

Hi Cher! I feel the same! I had my op on Wednesday and have been in agony the whole time.
    Do you have strapping? Mine is so tight and making it all so much worse.
    I’ve heard it settles down after day 4.
    I’ve also stopped taking the co-drydamol they gave me cause it was making me sick and am just on paracetamol now- I would hugely recommend that if you’re feeling unwell xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

@royakaram Hi, I’ve only ever had paracetamol, and antibiotics. That’s all they gave me, I just want to feel normal again, it’s getting me so down! No I don’t have strapping but I’ve just seen your post and yours literally looks so uncomfortable I don’t know how you are coping!! I’ve got nothing just my M&S sports bra which I think is too tight but I don’t know how tight it is supposed to be???
    I really hope I wake up tommorrow and feel a bit better because I just really feel like poo and run down, aches, pains, tired, headaches everything! I was thinking I would have pain in my chest but never thought it would be with everything else! I also keep been sick which doesn’t help so I don’t even think my tablets are staying down enough to work!! It’s horrible!! I can handle physical pain but it’s the rest of feeling rubbish and everything that goes with it!!

Donna Marie 32
    32p
    Menu
    +2

@ Cher do some online shopping girls think of the outfits u could wear stay positive all I can say is the more u are motivated and doing things u normally get on and do the quicker ur start feeling like ur normal self but I must say u can’t beat a bit of online shopping when ur down hope u girls feel better soon cheer up u got boobies now it will be worth it and tommrow ur wonder what the fuss was about being in that pain chin up girlies x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Thanks donna, have been to the Drs today and have caught a chest infection, which explains why I’ve been feeling so ill, has give me some different antibiotics which hopefully clear it up! Will do some internet shopping as well.

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

There’s no way to explain it other than grim. Recovery is hell!

Laura 47
    47p
    Menu

Hi! Sorry but it all sounds normal! After two weeks off I went back to work and I was so exhausted each night I was in bed by 9! After week 3 i started to have more energy and felt a bit more alive! Don’t forget it’s a big operation and it really takes it out of you for weeks! Chin up, you’ll feel better soon enough xx

Nikki 9
    9p
    Menu

I’m with you! I’m 4 days post op (hadit done Tuesday) I feel awful. The pain is terrible, my back is ragging. I can’t sleep. Just horrid.

No advice, just know your not alone!! Each day I’m hoping to feel better.

Sending hugs xxxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.