4 days post op- never felt so so sick! Started by: Charley

• Author
    3p
    Menu

Hey girls,

I’m 4 days post op now and I physically can’t get out of bed or stand up anymore than a few seconds! Everytime I move or try to eat something I feel like im going to be sick and I’m getting so frustrated I just keep crying! Did anyone else feel this ill 4 days into it? Xxx

Jasmine 10
    10p
    Menu

Hey hun I felt exactly the same and what made it worse was reading others stories about how easy the recovery is. I honestly regretted getting it done after realising how hard it is. I found day 4 to be the worst, I couldnt even lift myself out of bed, but honestly it does get better from here on xxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

I had my op on Saturday and I had over and I feel fine, I went shopping early and was sick in middle of Cardiff but apart from that I been alright, hope u feel better soon xx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Hey Hun, I read earlier today on a post from another lady that she felt quite ill and sick so she stopped the co-codamol and she felt a lot better.. I know codeine can make some ppl quite sick. Maybe try stopping them and see how you feel.. Try and make sure you keep your fluids up cause unfortunately its a vicious circle, you’ll feel sicker if you get dehydrated, and with it being so warm this probably wouldn’t be helping.. just keep some water beside you and take little sips constantly… hope you feel better soon. xxxx

Menu

I stop the strong painkillers too and changed my antibiotics as they were making me worse. Now 5 days post op and I feel a lot better.
    Hope you feel better soon xx

Alexandra 23
    23p
    Menu

Definitely definitely stop the codeine if you feel sick! I haven’t taken any of it because that’s exactly what it does to me. If you need anything try paracetamol as it will also help bring temp down if it’s elevated. Try and drink sips of water regularly as you don’t want to get dehydrated. Hope you feel better sweet xx

Micha ❤️ 64
    64p
    Menu

Codine will make you feel sick when it’s first kicking into your system! It does with everyone but if you just lay back and let it kick in it’s an amazing pain killer the trick is just to go with it close your eyes and relax the sick feeling from it kicking in passes!! If you are in pain don’t stop taking your meds because you will be in more pain! Try taking just one codine rather then 2 and take it every 3 hours instead of 2 every 6.

I had a lot of pain I was crying thinking what have I done to myself.. I didn’t even bother looking at my boobs I was in to much pain to even care about them! I couldn’t sit up without someone pushing me up I could hardly walk I couldn’t dress myself etc it is v painfull but I promise it will get better! Everyday from now should get a little easier!

I read online that patients who bed bound themselves have a longer recovery time so I always sat up to the table when food was made for me and I made myself go for a little walk everyday! Just up my road and back 3 min walk but it helped me so much! I walked like a zombie mind lol but it helped me feel better even if every step did hurt every step got easier!

I hope your feeling better soon *hugs*

Xx

paula 7
    7p
    Menu

Hi. Yea keep on yr meds,I felt sick for 3 days but once they had got into my system I was fine,I’m po 22 days & still can’t lie down or raise my arms over my head, I had 3325 uhp & heard unders take longer to heal,so be patient & soon you will forget about the pain & begin to love yr new boobies.x

Charley 3
    3p
    Menu

Thank you everyone for all your comments!! I do feel a little better today however do feel sick whenever I get out out bed! But I spoke to the nurse this morning and told me to try and go out for a coffee or something and get some fresh air so I’m going to do that and hopefully I will feel a bit more positive too! Just can’t wait to start feeling better as I haven’t even had the chance to look at my boobs properly yet!! Xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.