5 days PO pain Started by: Rose

• Author
    32p
    Menu

Hi everyone I’m 5 days post op today and I would say the pain today is the worst in my incisions every little slight move I make it feels like the incisions are coming open I’m still taking my pain killers etc just wondering if there’s anything I can do to help ease this at all’ also feel like I have gained about a stone! My stomach is twice the size it was when I had my op all of my clothes are skin tight and the bra I had on in hospital which was too big is now too tight when is this going to end!! Feel disgusting ????

Rose 5
    5p
    Menu
    +1

Hey, I had my op on Saturday and feel exactly the same. My belly and legs are absoloutly huge and I feel like my boobs are going to explode 😐

Toni 8
    8p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Rose,

I had my op same day as you & thought I’d got away with the dreaded bloat, mine came on 3/4 dpo & I couldn’t button up my jeans, no pain but looked 6 months pregnant again. I took a mild laxative & today at 6dpo the bloat has gone!

My incisions go through phases of feeling like they are burning but I just try alter how I’m sat & at one point removed my bra for some relief!

Xxx

Menu
    +1

Hi @roseh1993 ,

I am currently 10 weeks post op from having 300cc’s placed partially under my muscle. For me I would say day 5-6 was a big turning point. Up until this point I experienced a lot of bloating and needed assistance trying to sit up out of bed and felt like my incisions were burning. I would recommend drinking some fresh orange juice to help with the bloating and try and keep yourself as mobile as you can. Keep on top of your painkillers and antibiotics. Fingers crossed in the next couple of days you will start to feel more human. After around day 7-8 I was able to have my first proper shower.

It will get easier, keep getting plenty of rest. The worst part is over xxx

Rose 32
    32p
    Menu

Woke up today feeling a bit better but the dreaded bloat only seems to be getting worse I did the worst thing possible and weighed my self and I bloody wish I didn’t it says I’ve gained 12lbs which can’t be actually possible in 6 days ???????? Jesus I feel 6 month pregnant!

Bec 1
    1p
    Menu

Hi girls,
    I’m currently 5 days post op. Have had 375cc partials and the pain has been so bad! Literally thought I’d be okay the next day but it’s been so painful I’ve barely got out of bed!
    Makes me feel reassured that others are the same after surgery though. Can’t wait to be able to have a shower and feel normal again!

Rose 32
    32p
    Menu
    +1

Hey bec, I would say day 5 was one of the worst, I am 12 days post op today and I’ve felt great since about 7 days post op doing everything as normal now apart from heavy lifting trust me it gets easier I stopped my painkillers day 7 and actually felt so much better for doing so hope your well x

Bec 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks rose, that definitely makes me feel better!
    Yeah I think just not being able to do anything has made me feel awful! I feel like all my muscles are so stretched. Hopefully it will get easier each day- I definitely feel better than I did the 2nd and 3rd day.
    Thank you xx

Rose 32
    32p
    Menu
    +1

It was my first day back at work today 13 days post op and it was fine I have a desk job although today I had to do a bit more running around than usual after being off for 2 weeks but it wasn’t too bad my scars are quite sore today off the bra rubbing on them but other than that I’m great x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.