6 week check tomorrow! Started by: Rachel

• Author
    -1p
    Menu

So I can’t believe it’s 6 weeks already but have my check tomorrow! What should I get told hopefully? Xx

Misfion 3
    3p
    Menu

Wow, it really does whizz by doesn’t it!! I was allowed to wear bras, bathe and go to the gym at my 8 week check 🙂 Also the reassurance that the boobs are doing well and the incisions, as I had a small incision worry when a stitch was playing silly buggers. Also got to see the photos before and after that he took, so happy xxx

Megan
    0p
    Menu

Mines tomorrow too (even though I’m only 5 weeks) haha xxx

Sue
    0p
    Menu

I’ve got my 6 week check next Thursday, I actually thought it was this Thursday. I need to see the nurse as one of my incisions is sore and open at one end with a stitch poking out! I’ve kept a steri strip over it but I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. Fed up of wearing a sports bra, and often undo it at night in bed coz it’s not nice to wear one all the time is it? Whatever you get told I hope you’re happy with it 🙂 xx

Misfion 3
    3p
    Menu

@Sue I had the same thing with my incision as it kept opening because of a stitch and was a little bit yucky. I disinfected it and trimmed the stitch then covered it sith a steristrip, then i phoned mya nurse who said thats what she would have done too. My own nurse popped an iodine strip and a waterproof dressing on it as I thought it was infected. It sorted itself out and the surgeon was happy when he saw it at my check with him xx

Sue
    0p
    Menu

I did trim the stitch back, and when I shower I spray antiseptic on it then cover it back up. I’ve run out of steri strips now and I found them difficult to source. I work in a hospital and our own pharmacy didn’t stock them! As long as it’s ok and heals eventually I’ll be happy. xx

Misfion 3
    3p
    Menu

Sounds like its doing fine then 🙂 One of the girls here said to try the chemist for butterfly stitches (£2 ish) which worked xx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

Oh god I’m dreading seeing the before pics! I may even get quite emotional haha bet its soo strange to see because after 6 weeks, it really does feel like they’ve always been there doesn’t it! Do you now wear proper bras all the time @misfion I’m quite scared of damaging the implants! Although I really can’t wait to put on a sexy bra and give them a bit of oomph haha!
    Aw thanks very much sue hope your ok too. They’re little blighters sometimes aren’t they the stitches. How has everything else been for u? Still happy? Xxx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

Yea I kinda get what u mean about the bath thing, I feel like that when I take bra off for a shower. Treat them like our little puppies hehe. Thanks chick! Xxx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

Just tried some bras on! Would be rude not to after being told I could now wear bras 😉 too hot to be doing it today tho! I’m gonna wait till weekend before buying any but the DD fit perfectly and with some padding made the boobies look massive!!! Haha. Pic in the album! Xxx

Kate 26
    26p
    Menu

Did everything go ok Rachel 🙂 xxx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

Hey Kate aw it did thank you. Basically just tell u stuff you already know though, u know how it is! How’s things with u? Haven’t caught up with u recently. Still loving your new boobies? All healing well etc? Hope your ok xxxx

Menu

are you allowed to wear normal bra’s now?! 🙂 xx

Menu

are you allowed to wear normal bras now?! 🙂 xx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

Yea allowed to wear normal bras now xx

Sue
    0p
    Menu

Hi Rachel, yes I’m happy with my new boobies now 🙂 Like you say, it’s like you’ve had them forever!! I bet you’re so happy to be able to wear normal bras, I so hope that my nurse says that to me, as I am soooo fed up of the sports bra and the restrictions in what you wear that it brings. I managed to get some more steri strips Misfion, so I’m sticking with them till I see the nurse 🙂 I’ll let you know how I get on next week xxxx

Kate 26
    26p
    Menu

Glad every thing went well Rachel,I’m supposed to have mine in a week but they have left me a msg saying need to reschedule.im fantastic thanks scars look amazing right boobie just needs to drop lil bit more.cant believe how real they feel 🙂 I don’t know whether its the fact iv just got used to them but they feel small now. Xxx

Chloe 1
    1p
    Menu

If you have a stitch poking out could you not just go to your local drs to get it sorted?

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.