- Mentor is the #1 worldwide leader in breast aesthetics
- With over 40years experience in making breast implants
- Mentor is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, which happens to be one of the worlds most trusted long standing brands
- Mentor manufacture their own implants and is recognised as the leading manufacture of implants for both breast reconstruction and augmentation
- They have an extensive range of implants with more than 1000 options, this ensures the right fit for the right patient
- 98% patient satisfaction in long term follow up studies
- Products are associated with low rates of complications
- Seven long term breast implant studies in progress with over 200,000 patients enrolled to establish long term safety and efficacy – this shows consistency and assurance for MYA patients of the quality of mentor
- Mentor offers one of the most comprehensive breast implant warranties available, the Patient Care promise.
(For more information on MYA’s aftercare policy please contact your PC direct or refer to your Patient guide of which you will receive at your initial consultation)
The Patient Care Promise means extra peace of mind for your Mentor Silicone Gel-filled implants:
- Free automatic enrolment
- Lifetime product replacement in case of confirmed rupture
- In the case of confirmed rupture, up to £850 of financial assistance, for a period of 10 years from the date of its implantation
- Free product replacement in the case of confirmed capsular contracture Baker grade III and IV in augmentation surgery, for a period of 10 years from the date of its implantation
History of Mentor
At MYA we are committed to the provision of first class products and services for our patients. For this reason, we principally use Mentor Breast Implants. Mentor is party of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, recognized as one of the world’s most trusted companies.
Mentor Silicone Gels are cohesive polymers – soft and fluid in feeling but the gel acts as a unit. The gel holds together uniformly while retaining the natural “give” of breast tissue. It does this because of a cohesive, gelatin- like substance that acts as a solid rather than a liquid maintaining its shape.
Three types of Mentor MemoryGel round breast implants:
- Cohesive I – the softest feeling gel
- Cohesive II – slightly firmer