1 day after my op need advice Started by: Monique

• Author
    2p
    Menu

Hello – I had my op at Fitzroy yesterday, apart from tablets given drains taken out my boobs and out my hand I then left a but like ok… I did not realise how much my partner would have to help me with washing me this morning, putting on clothes, helping me on toilet brushing my teeth literally everything!
    I can barely move its so sore and tight I have straps on and the bra but do MYA phone me to organise straps off or do I phone them? I’m taking the meds which make me feel drowsy for an hour then I go to sleep and it goes back to agony when I wake up. I underestimated the pain I would be in – is this normal
    Also I got over 400c but my boobs are so pointy I didn’t want my boyfriend to see them will they go down I don’t want pointy boobs this is why I asked for overs lol I would take a picture but u can’t even unzip my hoodie!!!! 🙁

Katie 20
    20p
    Menu

I am exactly the same! I am usually quite good with pain but no way did I think it would be this bad, I had 500cc unders on Wednesday, literally can’t even sit up on my own I hate how I’m feeling !!! Xx

Devon 7
    7p
    Menu

I was the same! Wasn’t prepared for how little i would be able to do! It does get better though after a week and then it just gets abit easier everyday xx

Nicole 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

Me too! I had overs and honestly thought I’d be fine but yesterday was day 2 and I was so sore! I feel better today but they’re still so tight and swollen. I had drains after my op and I think the holes from them are causing a fair bit of discomfort. Hopefully it will only get better! X

Monique 2
    2p
    Menu

Are yours pointy and swollen, I bet my boyfriend can’t wait for me to feel better, I emailed my consultant and nurse has now text me to meet on 12th- hopefully I get the straps off.
    My face is so spotty and my hair greasy no wonder people say they feel down after the op!!
    I know it will be worth it bla bla bla but seriously it’s so sore :(!! Xxx

Katie 20
    20p
    Menu

Mine don’t seem to be too pointy but I’ve been to weak to even have a look at them properly, God I feel so poorly! I really hate this I feel awful, this Macom bra is so tight I don’t know if it’s this what’s making me feel so shit, digging in all my sides, can’t wait to feel better now! Xx

Monique 2
    2p
    Menu

When is your next appointment?
    Yeah I don’t know if I’m meant to loosen the straps on bra but I have no energy to take it off again
    I keep passing wind but so constipated my belly looks like I’m expecting triplets lol
    I think I would of waited a while longer if I knew it was this painful I don’t know if I can handle this ;( and other people don’t seem to be in much pain I don’t understand y I am in so much

Nicole 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

How are you feeling now? i felt so much better yesterday but then woke up at 2am with them aching so much I thought they were going to explode. Stomach is also very uncomfortable again.

Katie 20
    20p
    Menu
    +1

I’m back on Wednesday for my first week check up, yeah I’m the same I’ve not been able to go toilet yet but don’t really want to as I am still struggling with my arms, monique are you in a Macom bra? Because honestly last night I didn’t think I was able to cope much longer but sent my boyfriend out for a m&S bra and honestly I feel like I can breathe so much better, it’s still very tight but has helped loadsss!! This mornin I managed to sit up on my own too from bed so I hope I’m on a road to recovery now cause I can’t deal with the pain anymore!! Xxx

Monique 2
    2p
    Menu

Why does no one discuss this pain to this extreme lol
    I can sit up myself now but it feels like I’m doing a work out and will have abs by tomorrow lol!!
    I’ll go order one online what type of bra u get from M&S?
    So much for this bra being the best one out there

I feel a little better only because I have took less medication it was making me a different person being faint etc!!
    Socks came off the first night I couldn’t hack them I just move my feet around and put cosy socks on them
    I’m hoping to feel better today please god !!!!!!!

Lau 39
    39p
    Menu

Hope you feel better today babe.
    Xxx

Katie 20
    20p
    Menu

Tell me about it! I thought I was being extremely dramatic because hardly anyone says its this bad !! I’m glad I came across this post (sorry haha) just to know it must be normal!!
    Try the high impact sports bra, honestly it’s helped me loads. Still achy but I am managing a hell of a lot more than yesterday, I feel gross gonna attempt a shallow bath today, not washed properly since Wednesday morning! This is the most unattractive I’ve felt in a. Long time ha ha & oh yeah the stockings!!!! I thought my bleeding right foot had fell off in the night, how these are helping I don’t know!! xxx

Lucy Sutts 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

Hi, I’m 4 days post op and thought it was only me in agony! I’m sorry you are having such a hard time too, but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one. I didn’t expect quite this much pain and have really struggled with it and the bloating and everything. Hoping it’ll ease off a bit now. Good luck ladies.

Monique 2
    2p
    Menu

Feels good knowing I’m not the only one in pain too!!!! Lol
    I was on my own today and washed my hair in the sink with a cup because the dry shampoo was making me so itchy my head was starting to bleed. I didn’t manage all that well but I feel about 5% better after it lol xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.