1 day post op! Started by: Maryanne Louise

• Author

Well today is my first day, I will tell you my experience for girls who have waiting for the big day.

So I arrived at Preston first trust at 11am for my admission time, I was shown my day room by the nurse and was made comfortable instantaneously. I was informed that my op time wasn’t until 1700 which I was slightly upset about however I filled in some time by watching some films. (Bring some dvds to go into the tv is a good idea). I was seen by various people and told them my concerns and they put me at ease.

1700 came and I was showing the pre op room where I was put to sleep, they had me talking away and then I remember saying ‘I feel all sleepy’ and that was that.

I first remember waking up and coming back into my room a bit drowsy. No pain really just uncomfortableness and tightness. I did vomit 2x but I think that’s because I rammed an egg sandwhich down shortly after my op and it was too early.

I looked under my gown and seen them for the first time and was so emotional and happy.

I kept getting my blood pressure and temp taking every half hour and they were so lovely to me.

9pm came by this time I felt fine, the drosiness has worn off and I had been for a wee. I had the rest of my sandwhich and the nurse confirmed I was fit for discharge. I waited an hour while she got my meds and post op instructions sorted and I left in company of my Mam. I don’t have any bloatiness or anything and I’ve woken up with no pain at all I’ve slept on a 45 degree angle with a pillow under my legs and a V pillow behind my back.

I am 8.5/9stone max, size 8 , 5 foot 6 and had 32B breasts prior to op. I’ve had 400cc uhp overs. I haven’t taken a photo of them however have taken a photo of them in my macom when the.l nurse came in and helped me out that on.

Please orlandont worry you are all in safe hands and message me if you have any queries. You will be fine xxx

Menu

Unable to upload photo but I’ll put it on my profile x

Natalie 7
    7p
    Menu

Aww this is so lovely to read I have mine Monday and I’m very scared, I’m scared of the pain after and been so unwell 🙁 I’m never scared so I think I need to stop been silly hahaha. Does your chaperone have to stop with you?? I was hoping to go alone but have my partner pick me up and take me home but my email says to arrive with my chaperone so I’m confused xx

Menu

Hi Natalie you have honestly nothing to worry about in regards to the pain, it just feels tight. I’m quite mobile and stuff so it’s nothing like what I expected ha. You can go alone Hun you don’t need anyone there they can provide a chaperone if you want. Xx

Natalie 7
    7p
    Menu

I’ve had two children and want scared of that pain and I’ve been put to sleep and all 4 wisdom teeth out then my gums stitched plus tattoos but non of them bothered me just this lol thanks for reassurance Hun means a lot. Who was your surgeon ?? Sorry if you have said. My admission time is 8am 🙂 xx

Katie 111
    111p
    Menu

@maryanne I’m glad it all went well for you! I bet you can’t wait to try different clothes on with them 🙂
    Have you bought Just Macom bras or have you bought other brands too , I’m just interested to know which you prefer if you have bought others too?

Menu

Hi Katie I’m great thanks, just feeling a bit poorly of the antibiotics so I’ve spoken with the nurse and told me to stop taking them which is made me feel better. I can’t wait to try bikinis on and stuff ha.
    I have one macom post op bra and also an m and s high impact bra I haven’t tried any others yet xx

Leanne 16
    16p
    Menu

So glad it went well for you honey!
    Jealous of the no pain!! I had mine too yesterday and I hurt but only when I move really! Xx

Menu

You as well Hun! Yea that’s the same for me, are you poorly off the meds they’ve given you? I’ve been sick from them 🙁 xx

Katie 111
    111p
    Menu

Yeah after reading a few of the patient stories, one thing I’ve noticied is all the girls seem to say that the antibiotics have been making them poorly! What are the antibiotics for specifically? I ask this because a lot of the girls have been told to stop taking them, so I can’t understand how important they are if they’ve been advised to stop them?

Sherise321 22
    22p
    Menu

There just a precaution to minimise infection I suppose but your body naturally replicates this on there own so if your sick it wouldn’t hurt if your told to stop but I am not a doctor lol

Alf 11
    11p
    Menu

Ahh no. I felt horrific when taking ibuprofen which is weird but anyway congrats! Day 2 or 3 was the worst for me as i felt really emotional and sick, feverish, shivery, just generally weird and slept for 18 hours woke up in cold sweats and then felt better! It’s a rollercoaster but best thing EVER.

Menu

Thank you ladies for all your kind comments and words. I slept a good 9hrs last night however I did slip down the bed so was a bit painful this morning. Now I’m taking paracetamol and I’m feeling fab. Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.