1 day post op, any tips !? :'( Started by: Rose

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hi I’m one day post op – 480 uhp overs with mr Mounir yesterday..
    This sleeping sat up isn’t for me at all, I’ve been awake all night and I’m in so much pain!!
    Does anybody have any tips at all because I’m feeling really down 🙁 X

Casey Murrell 44
    44p
    Menu
    +1

I’m in the exact same situation as you, i feel like I’ve pulled all the muscles in my chest and back! Can’t get comfy! You’re not alone girl xx

Rose 1
    1p
    Menu

Ahh really, I feel for you.. this is no fun at all!! I know the end result will be so worth it but I feel like screaming just want to sleep! I’ve ordered one of those V shaped pillows to see if that’s any better ! Xx

Danielle 117
    117p
    Menu
    +1

Aw day 1 and 2 were the worse for me! I’m a week post op today and only just feel ok still can’t hoover or lift things and feel very bruised, don’t think I quite prepared myself for how sore I’d be! Ice packs were my life saver the first couple of days I came off all painkillers on day 5, it does get easier I promise 🙂 the sleeping is awful though I’ve no tips for that! I just use lots of pillows and I find sofa cushions are best to use on your lower back as their harder. I have a V pillow and a travel pillow but I wake up every morning with a numb bum and sore back! Sleeping has been the hardest part for me! Xx

Joanna 38
    38p
    Menu
    +1

Hey girls I am a day in front – keep taking your painkillers don’t be afraid to take them, DO invest in the V pillows, I got two for £15 at Argos, they will really help with sleeping. My first night I slept about 4 hours, last night I think I woke up twice which is good. Today will be uncomfortable day 2 is not much better just make sure you are looking after yourself, eating and drinking etc and try to get up and about and you will feel stiff just laid in bed. I actually had to go out yesterday to collect my daughter from school so I called and saw my friend, I prob over did it slightly but do try and potter around your home xx

Becks 17
    17p
    Menu
    +1

DAY 1,2 and 3 were the worst for me so just keep telling yourself it will get better. It’s so frustrating and you just want to cry. Before you go to sleep just make sure your pillows are in the comfiest position possible and don’t try and sleep till you are comfy. I have bought a v pillow and I’m ok without to be honest. Just prop them up quite high in a v shape and put a harder pillow under your bum and also prop a cushion up under yours knees. (I have a very poorly back as it is and this has helped me for as long as I can remember) it stops you from getting a bad back. The softer your mattress the more likely you’ll suffer, you need to sleep on a harder pillow or something to support your back. I’m 1 week post op today and I have woke p feeling fab. Hardly any stiffness when I woke up so just remember it’s worth it. Happy healing xxxxx

Becks 17
    17p
    Menu

*havent bought a v pillow

Becks 17
    17p
    Menu
    +1

And just KEEP ON TOP of your pain meds. Don’t wait until your in pain xxx

Rose 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks for all your help girls!! I will definitely take into consideration everything you’ve all said! I know the end result will be worth it I just can’t wait for the pain to calm down. I feel like I can’t even move right now it’s so frustrating 🙁 will have a play with pillows tonight and try to get comfy. Thanks everyone !! Xxx

Eevie 35
    35p
    Menu

Hi lovely,

I am now 12 days post op so quite used to sleeping upright now, but getting the right pillows is a must!
    I have a v pillow and a really soft travel neck pillow.
    I place one or two pillows on the bed where pillows would normally be placed and then I place my v pillow with the v pointing upwards against the pillows. I put my neck pillow on and as I sit against my v pillow I make sure my neck pillow is at the top of the v so it almost rests on top of/hooks onto the top of the v pillow… that way I don’t slip down and it stops any neck aches!

Also do lots of resting, I pretty much stayed in bed for the first week.

Take your pain meds on time.

Ice packs are great for pain- boots do some good ones but you can order them online from loads of places

Watch lots of movies or series and keep your mind occupied as much on other things rather than focusing on the pain.

I have to say the first week for me wasn’t nice, mainly due to the fact I was in complete strapping so I couldn’t breathe. At 12 days post op I am still feeling achy and some pain but it’s now way more bearable, I am starting to walk around my house more (still kind of hunched over a bit but I’ll get there!!) I am also on paracetamol now and trying to take as few as possible.

I hope that helps a little and I hope you feel better soon lovely. You will get there and just think of the end results 🙂

xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Do you have any pics rose? I’m thinking of having 480 UHP and im a 36 b now so would find it helpful to see what they look like! Thank you xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.