1 day post-op Preston Mr Traynor (350 HP overs Started by: Amy

• Author
    9p
    Menu
    +5

Hi girls. I thought I would share my experience of my ba yesterday at Preston. I was a bottom heavy 34 D cup before which sounds big, but I had no volume or shape at the top which was what I really wanted. I had 350 cc HP overs as I didn’t want to go much bigger, just achieve a nice round and full shape. They predict I’ll be wearing a 34 e at once they are healed. So I checked in yesterday at 12 hoping for an early op within a couple of hours. Unfortunately I was last on the list and at 1pm they came and told me I wouldn’t be going in until about 6pm. To be honest I was distraught. I hadn’t eaten or drank since 6pm the evening before and was already hungry. The plus side was they let me and my friend go in to town until an hour before to do a bit of shopping and take my mind of it. Obviously i still wasn’t aloud to eat or drink so I just sniffed all the food aromas I could find and pretended like I was eating them! I had already had my pregnancy test and done the paper work so I was good to go when I came back. We arrived back at about 4:30 and was told then that they expected it to be around 7:30pm. This was the only down side to the day. Everyone there was lovely and friendly and very sympathetic but I suppose someone has to go last! So eventually Mr Traynor came and drew on me and I went down at 7pm. The anesthetiser was a lively woman and put my mind and nerves to rest about being out to sleep. To be honest, once they put the catheter in my hand, I was out in about 5 seconds and didn’t even notice I was going to sleep! I woke up back in my room about 40 minutes after feeling a little sleepy but I soon came round. I was a little bit uncomfortable when I moved but mainly it was the pressure on my incisions when I sat up that hurt a bit. The pain was much less than I expected really, although it could be different in the next few days, but so far so good! A lovely nurse gave me lots of pain relief and antibiotics and answered any of my questions, she was very reassuring. I left the hospital at about 10:30pm which was much later than i expected, about 3 hours after the op. They had to keep me until I had come round and had something to eat. If any of you are going in I definitely recommend you take some mags or something to read. There is a tv in there so that made the waiting slightly bareable. It was also a bit chilly in my room but the radiators work in there you just have to twist them on, so I would do that when you get there if it’s a bit cold. I haven’t any pictures yet but once they have settled down in a week or so I will put some up. Hope this helps any girls going in soon or thinking about it. Apart from my waiting everything else was fine and nothing to worry about. Good luck to all those doing it and I’m so glad already that I have. Pics to cone! 🙂

Emma OD 4
    4p
    Menu

Great to read this Amy, I’m booked in at Preston with Mr Traynor on the 13th October. I know it’s some time away yet but it is great being able to read your experience.
    Do you live far away from the hospital?
    This is my concern if i was to be last on the list as I’m about 2 hours away from Preston.
    Happy healing.

Amy 9
    9p
    Menu

Well reading other peoples really helped me so your welcome. No I live in Preston, about 20 minutes so getting home wasn’t too bad for me. Perhaps mention it to the nurse when she comes round otherwise you could ask to stay over night? X

Sarah 11
    11p
    Menu

Hi Amy, great to read your story, I am booked in for 27th oct with Dr Traynor. When you woke up where you strapped up? Did you have anything covering you at all? Hope you are healing well 🙂

Amy 9
    9p
    Menu
    +2

I wasn’t strapped up no, I think they only strap you up if you have unders to keep them secure. I just had plasters over my incisions and my gown on so I could have a little peak! X

Menu

Hi, I’m with Dr Traynor at Preston on 16th September. It’s a shame you had to wait such a long time, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be an early one. I’m surprised to hear that you had to do a pregnancy test, is this normal when you get there? I’m having overs too so am really glad to hear that I might be able to have a peak when I wake up 😀 good to read your story, gives an insight 🙂 xxx

Amy 9
    9p
    Menu
    +1

Yea everyone has to do a pregnancy test just to make sure. Ahh good luck, I’m 2 weeks post op now. Yep they are totally uncovered apart from plasters under your gown then you put your sports bra on when your ready to go. Mine look totally different now to then though!! Good luck with your op xx

lindsey 123
    123p
    Menu

im with mr traynor on the 21st of October at preston. glad it all went well for you. happy healing 🙂 xxx

lindsey 123
    123p
    Menu

Is there a tv to watch in the waiting room or did you mean in your room after op xxxx

Ashleigh 11
    11p
    Menu

@emod Hi, I’m from Scotland and since they’re are no MYA clinics up here, Newcastle / Preston are my closest, I’m not booked in until 16th Decmber (Mr Traynor also) My PC told me I was to stay within half an hour of the hospital the night of my op should there be any complications and suggested some hotels, I’m booked into the IBIS at Preston think it’s like ten mins from hospital, was about £75 ( cheaper than the cost of overnight stay at the hospital) so could be an option for you, just incase you are later/last, would safe the thought of the long journey home 😀 xXx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.