1 day post op SLEEPING?! Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hi girls
    I had my op yesterday and I’m doing ok! However whenever it comes to sleeping I find it much easier to sleep with my V pillow slightly upright is this ok? My surgeon never said whether I should be completely flat but I find whenever I lower my back down flat it feels like my breast are ripping and it really hurts?!? Has anyone had anything similar or know how I can and cannot sleep?! Xx

lauren 5
    5p
    Menu

Hi Hun, I was told 7/10 days to sleep as upright as possible to help reduce swelling hope this helps xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

You have to sleep upright hun… To help reduce swelling and symmetry for the boobs. My aftercare sheet recommends 45 degree angle in bed. Then after 1 week my nurse wants me to still sleep upright for a couple of weeks but I can lie further down than before. I don’t know about all surgeons but I’m 99% sure you shouldnt be sleeping flat at all! Did they not give you information after your op?? xo

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

Shit! The nurse forgot was meant to come back and she completely forgot but I’ve been in SO much pain trying to lay down my breasts feel like they’re tearing whenever I lay down so I’ve been sleeping like quite upright! Heaven now I know I can sleep upright! Thanks for the help girls! Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.