1 month. advice? Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu

so my ops less than a month away now. the 5th dec (shit!!!)

i just wanted some advice on any “prep work” i should be doing to get ready for it. like did anyone start taking any tablets or moisturising or is there anything that i should stop doing/taking?

thanks ladies 🙂

Menu

My PC said to take arnica tablets you can get them from boots about £4 a week before op they reduce swelling and bruising x

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

Stop smoking and drinking 2 weeks b4 and if on pill they like you to stop that 2 weeks b4 too x

Menu

Hahn mines on 27th nov so far I am more excited than nervous! To date all I have done is cook and frozen some dinners and soups so I can try and eat well in the recovery phase. Would love to hear if anyone has any other tips!

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

@Mumofthree ur prepared then freezing food! myn is in 2 days and im not that prepared lol x

Menu

Ah I am a complete rock star me! If my husband is looking after me and the kids for a week, it could be the difference between eating and not eating!

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

mumofthree thats a really good idea 🙂 also, where did everyone get their v pillows from?

Menu

I already had mine from pregnancy but I think I just got it from Argos a few years ago. Someone on here got it from eBay really cheap.

Kirsty
    0p
    Menu

Mines on the 29th soo not long! Im not prepared atall all i have is the v pillow and a dressing gown lol! Im always last min!
    I got my v pillow from argos! But made sure i got the best quality one as im going to be uncomfy sleeping upright as it is! 🙁 xx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

I ordered V pillow from asda online it was that hippo make cant remember but a good one lol and it was like 7quid! @Mumofthree i get ya if it meant my partner feeding me it would consist of yogurts something on toast and yogurts lol x

Rinx ♥ 4
    4p
    Menu

do start creaming loads, obviously not on day of op but it will help with the stretch marks and get your skin ready! but if you basically got V pillow comfy pjs that are easy to get on and off and a good sports bra (2) then your sorted and lots of orange/pineapple juice xxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

do you think ill be ok 2 go 2 the gym the day before or should i be taking it easy?

happyme
    0p
    Menu

@Chanel what’s that about the pill?? I was on the phone to the nurse yesterday going through lots of questions and she didn’t tell me to stop taking it.. :/ xx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

@happyme they prefer you to stop taking the pill 2 weeks b4 as it thins the blood x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

I had to stop taking my pill 2 weeks before and even gt told to stop taking my multi vitamins xx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

@lorna corse u b alryt to excercise b4 im killin it lol x

happyme
    0p
    Menu

@Chanel oh right…I will have to ask about that then! Thanks hun. xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.