1 month post op incision? is it normal? Started by: jas xx

• Author
    4p
    Menu

Hi girls

I’m 1 month post op but it seems like on my left incision the end bit has got like a little white cotton thingy at the end. Is this a stitch or what is it? It does look like the incision has held nicely just font know what that bit is. Has anyone else had this?

jas xx 4
    4p
    Menu

Won’t let me upload

Hayley 19
    19p
    Menu

Hey, I have it at the ends on both boobs! I am 13 days po. I assumed it was just a stitch and if it doesn’t desolve then I imagine they will remove it or trim it off at my 6 week app?!?! I hope so anyway haha xx

Jo 9
    9p
    Menu

I have these as well. They are stitches and mine got snipped off a bit at my 2 week appointment but I think it’s because they were really long. I still have small ones sticking out, they’re like a shiney clear thread at the end of my incisions. My nurse said they should drop out but I’m 3 weeks post op and theyre still there! 🙂

jas xx 4
    4p
    Menu

Thanks girls. Didn’t realise that dissolvable stitches looked like that! Thought it was a piece of the strips that were stuck over the incisions when i first had surgery. I’ve got a check up next week so I’ll be sure to mention it. Xx

Brittany 25
    25p
    Menu

Hi,

My mum had a reduction a few weeks ago and had the same problem. She actually saw her nurse the other day and she said it was a stitch and removed it for her.

I didn’t expect them to look like stringy either haha but definately let your nurse know when you see her so she can remove them. xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.