1 week – love my boobs but MYA are useless!! Started by: AmbLR

• Author
    18p
    Menu
    +1

I’ve been up to London to have my strapping off today and I’m pretty impressed with my results at this early stage. They do look very strange and plastic fantastic but they’re even and a good size so I can’t complain!

It costs me about £45 and 3/4 hours for each appointment at Fitzroy because of where I live so I’ve been very persistent from day 1 about asking when my appointments will be, how long, what happens etc and I’ve been told the whole time that after surgery my appointments would be 1, 6 and 12 weeks provided there were no problems. I’ve been really looking forward to today and planning an afternoon of showering and pampering when I got home but the nurse I saw today told me that all Marcellino patients have to go back at 2 weeks to have stitches removed because he doesn’t use the dissolvable kind. This means I go back to work tomorrow still not able to shower! I work a 9-5 and don’t get paid great so fitting in and paying for an appointment with a weeks notice is so annoying!!!!

So far I can say my surgery day was fabulous and I’m pleased with my results but every other aspect of the journey has been crap and not worth the fortune paid for it!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

They look amazing xx

Nicky 29
    29p
    Menu

Annoying that he doesn’t use dissolvable ones! but in fairness there could of been a chance you might of still not been able to wash at 1 week, cause if your stitches weren’t healed enough, like a lot of girls on here have gone through . Boobs look great though!x

AmbLR 18
    18p
    Menu

Yes Nicky I was prepared for there to be a problem but that would probably be my fault for overdoing it! I’m just annoyed I didn’t get told correctly from the start when I asked so many times!!! It sounds like non dissolvable are better for recovery anyway!

AmbLR 18
    18p
    Menu

Thanks Emma!!

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu

they’re looking fab hun! 🙂 if it makes you feel any better, i had my 1 week post op check today and i was expecting to go home and have a shower tonight but nope because dr fiumara’s patients need to wear dressings for 2 weeks 🙁 and i just fell over getting dizzy washing my hair over the bath and pretty much flooded my bathroom haha cannot wait for the first shower!! xx

Amy Parren 38
    38p
    Menu

I agree with this. It costs me Similar & travel times & also childcare. I thought the same for appointment times after the op but at my pre op they told me he doesn’t use disolvable stitches and I would need an appointment for that. What’s mission & I agree ££££!!! However your boobs do look great. What did you go for? My op is on Sunday! X

AmbLR 18
    18p
    Menu

Book your 1 and 2 week appt in advance! I was very very lucky to get a Saturday cancellation slot otherwise I would have had to take more time off work! I was 34B and had 350cc overs. I’m wearing a DD but it does feel tight!

Rudi scott 17
    17p
    Menu

I had my stitches taken out after 1 week and I had Mr Marcellino. ?
    All seems okay with me though. I still have to have steristrips for another 5 days but no stitches.
    Should I be worried? X

AmbLR 18
    18p
    Menu

No fair Rudi!!! God I think every person in that place works under different rules and they don’t communicate. Are you able to shower? Do you have to go back next week for another appointment? X

Rudi scott 17
    17p
    Menu

Not able to shower for another 4 days. No appointment now till 6 weeks.
    Atleast you have the devil strapping off. X

AmbLR 18
    18p
    Menu

Yes I am pleased that my rib cage is able to move again! ?

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.