1 week post op Started by: Lizzie

• Author
    11p
    Menu

Hi girls,
    So it’s officially been a week since my op and it’s not quite been as bad as I thought it would have been. I’ve had little pain other than the odd sharp pains in my incisions (that’s normal isn’t it?) and a lot of itchiness! But I’m struggling with achiness now especially in my arms. I can hardly lift my arms up now, it’s not even from the pain, I think they have just got used to not being lifted up! Any advice on how I can fix this problem without putting strain on my boobs? It’s starting to frustrate me! Xxx

Danielle 131
    131p
    Menu

Hi hun, the sharp pains are normal. Try not to itch them too much as it will cause small tears in the skin and can lead to stretch marks. Give it a few more days and your arms will go back to normal it took me until like 10 days post up until I could fully move both arms. My right arm took longer for some reason. Only advice I can give is rest and get help. I got overly confident in my first week and when I was a little hyper lifted both arms and felt the biggest most uncomfortable pulling feeling on my boobs it scared me lol x

Lizzie 11
    11p
    Menu

Hi Danielle, thanks for your reply. I was starting to think that my arms are locked into place and I won’t be able to lift them haha. I just get an aching pain when I do try to lift them. My left one is quite a lot worse. I’m really impatient so I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting! Xx

Lizzie 11
    11p
    Menu

1 week post op

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Looking good Lizzie… Well done xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

1 week too and on my way to get the strapping off. Whooppeeee. Ive been at work and drove in today. My arm movement seems to be back to normal although not raising my arms too high as can feel the incisions pull. Boobies are looking great lizzie 🙂 xx

Lizzie 11
    11p
    Menu

Thanks Jo!

Rosie, I’m going tomorrow for my check up 😊 what do you work as? I couldn’t think of anything worse than going back to work yet! How did you find driving? I’m hoping I’ll be able to drive in a few days, don’t feel up to it yet though xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hey. Just had strapping off and the all clear to shower. Feels so much better phew. I am a senior sales manager so a lot of negotiations and board room meetings discussing strategy. Nothing where i have to move about a lot. So no problem for me going back and a good distraction from being bored at home.

Driving was completely fine, drove for 1hr and no problems. Although took a road bump too quickly and immediately rejected it….ouch.

Hopefully you will be back in a few days. Fingers crossed for you xx

Lizzie 11
    11p
    Menu

Aw bet that feels so much better! I didn’t have strapping but the plaster things you can see in the pic and quite tight and restricting me of standing up straight so I can’t wait to get them off!

Ah right ok so you can still take it easy in work then. I’m a hairdresser so quite active and am always lifting my arms! Can’t even do my own hair yet haha!
    Sounds like you’re getting on really well with your recovery. My left arm is useless right now so I don’t think I’ll be able to change gears when driving xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Oh yeh if youre a hairdresser that would be a nightmare. I was shattered yesterday eve so its good you are taking more time off.

Incisions are pretty sore today now they are drying up in the air and i have wonky sized boobs at the mo. Also having issues with what to wear…. my work dresses are making my boobs look massive. Eeek x

Lizzie 11
    11p
    Menu

Aw you need to get as much rest as you can, don’t be working too hard!
    Haha I think that will be my issue too! I’m going to try all my work clothes on soon to see what still fits x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.