1 week Post op check Started by: Cath

• Author
    0p
    Menu

I’ve just phoned to book my 1 week post op check and apparently the nurse isn’t in for a while so my 1 week check is now 15 days after my surgery?? The girl who answered the phone was really rude and it’s annoyed me! I asked about the dressings and she said if anything is touched then it voids the aftercare… Has anyone else had to wait this long?? X

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

That sounds a bit of a poor do !!
    Surely having the dressing on for 15 days can’t be good for healing ?! X

Leigh 63
    63p
    Menu

Hey Cath. I have seen a couple of ladies complaining about after care :-/ I can’t believe that you have been told to wait a week longer than what is suggested by MYA. I have sent a quick message to my patient coordinator in Nottingham as I am a little worried for you and myself when it comes to my surgery. She has said she is going to have a look over the forum, so she will see you message and hopefully something will be done about it as I too would not be happy with this! Hope your recovery is going well apart from this little bit of disappointment x

Cath
    0p
    Menu

Thanks Hun! I’ve tried to suggest possibly seeing a nurse at a different MYA clinic for my post op check if they haven’t got anything for me. Since my pre-op check 3 weeks ago he nurse told me she was on annual leave but they would be covering her late nights while she was off as I told them I couldn’t attend an appointment in the day. I had to chase it up again myself and they told me after around 2 weeks it still hadn’t been covered but it may be nearer the time and they would let me know. I have had to call up again today… And then was told this. So it’s not my fault I can’t attend the only available appointments they have left! They said to ‘nip’ out of work on my dinner hour… I only have 45 mins for my lunch and I live well over an hour away from the clinic! I can’t work miracles and I feel they should try and work a little harder to make a suitable appointment after the money we spend for our procedures! I just feel a bit let down by them really.

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hey Cath! So sorry to hear you’re having issues…if it helps I’m in a really bad situation myself with regards to a reop so please don’t feel like you’re alone! I hope they sort it soon for you 🙂 xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.