10 months post op CC :( Started by: Laura

• Author
    12p
    Menu

So my gp has just confirmed I have what appears to be the dreaded CC. Anyone else experienced this? Where do I go from here do I book an appointment with mya or dr singh? Do we pay for re op etc.?? So many questions 🙁 thanks in advance.

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Hi, so sorry to hear that this has happened!! Really hope everything goes ok with the re op! I think we’re coverred for it for the first 3 years. Could you tell me what the signs are of cc? I’m 3 and half months po and yesterday my right boob starting to hurt like a bruised feeling and sore to touch and I can pretty much feel the implant and it’s rock hard compared to the other one! I’ve booked to see the nurse at MYA on Wednesday but I’m worried it’s cc as well. Xxx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

Thankyou for reply.. i have similar symptoms, it’s harder and firmer then my other breast but not massively. She said it appears larger too as if is swollen but I honestly didn’t notice myself! It’s been aching recently- I only went to see her to find out about a lump in my other breast I’m so gutted. Going to ring MYA and get an appointment asap. I hope you get the answers you’re looking for hun it’s so stressful. Will have to keep me posted xx

Vanessa 56
    56p
    Menu

hey girls! hope you dont mind the add! keep me posted!xxx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Oh gosh sounds the same as my signs! I just know something’s up! I spoke to the nurse today and she said take ibuprofen and wear my sports bra for now, keep me up to date as well! I’ve added you, and il accept you Vanessa xx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu
    +1

Hi vanessa no probs xx
    Yeah I think you defo known in yourself when something is up lauren. I’ve gone back to my sports bra and taking pain killers atm. Hopefully things will become a little more clear after we meet with our surgeons! Hope it all goes well for you its so gutting after everything we’ve already gone through emotionally and financially 🙁 xx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

It really is! You just think it’s all over and that’s it perfect boobies for life and then over night something happens! I’ve been so gutted but trying to stay positive at least it’s happened whilst we’re still covered for re ops! I’ve been googling and a lot of places say massaging it helps xxx

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu

Ive it twice hun and two revision to fix but I was happy to get it again as was able to go bigger xx

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu

You should be covered for CC for 100% free revision for 3 years it’s not to bad and easy to fix if Mya are covering u for it xx

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu
    +2

They say it’s most common with overs I had Unders and still got but it’s was muscle that lached it self on to my implants and was quite painfull over the years but u can check out your self for CC you need stand in the mirrorband place your hands on u hips and tenses your chest muscles if your implants pulls and goes out shape you got it x

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

@mush ive just tried that mirror trick but it doesn’t seem to be going a funny shape but defo so hard around the side and bottom and it seems to be sitting higher than the other one xxx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

Thanks girls put my mind at ease alot more..for now anyway! I’m too scared to massage incase I make them worse but have read certain websites saying to do so.. so confusing knowing what’s right and wrong when it comes to the twins!! I will def be doing the mirror/muscle test tomorrow 🙂 I have overs- the pain isn’t unbearable but I don’t want to hang around until it gets worse. I love how positive you are about your re ops! Did you have to wait until you were grade IV CC before the reops? I’ve been doing lots of research and have read a few times its a long process xx

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu
    +1

This y you need to massage them as they go hard this y we need to it to soffen them up try it I promise this will help as they should be soft xx

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu

After my op it started from day one really with my unders as it was muscle that grabbed them so I had to wait till 6months post op recovery time had passed and my surgeon took a look and said you need a re op and I said while your in there I want bigger implants so I had 385/415 replaced to 450cc 3rd op was last nov and asked if I could bigger while he was in there sorting it out I had my 450cc unders replaced with 590cc and placed over the muscle this time so really you should always turn so thing bad in to something good lol x

Nicky 15
    15p
    Menu

Hi girls

Sorry to hear about your situation hope everything gets sorted out for you….

What is cc? I’ve never heard of it x

Charlene 13
    13p
    Menu

Sorry to hear that hun, hope things get sorted asap and it all goes smoothly for you x

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

thanks for kind messages. i am seeing MYA nurse this evening so things seem to be moving in the right direction! have a look at this link Nicky, its about capsular contracture (CC) expalins it better than i could 🙂 http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Breast-implants/Pages/Complications.aspx

Ahh sounds like youve had an eventful boobie journey Mush! They look amazing btw, i think i will definitley try and push for a bigger size if i do end up getting them redone. i originally went for smallest option offered and had boob greed straight after lol glad youre healing well this time xx

Nicky 15
    15p
    Menu

Thanks Laura! Gonna have a read x

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

No problem. It def worth the read 🙂
    Dont regret my boobs at all but wish I had done a little more research beforehand, I was just too excited to get them done lol xx

Sophie 15
    15p
    Menu

@mush78 Omg just reading through your comments. I’m only just under 4 weeks post op but my boobs don’t seem to be getting much squishier. The one is slightly more squishier than the other and the one that is harder seems slightly larger. Just worrying because I saw your comment about you having it from day 1 but had to wait. I’m such a hypercondriac so I’m hoping its just that lol as I know I’m no where near healed so should be expecting changes X

Anonymous
    4p
    Menu

Sophie pls don’t worry these things are common problems and can be easily fixed you should be massaging them now to ease them up they will go soft CC with unders happened soon as your muscle is flexed and grabs hold of them that’s how I knew and they went a funny shape x aww thanks LAURA your able to go loads bigger 2nd round but not sure if mya allow you but saying that you u should able to just pay for the implants x

Yana 51
    51p
    Menu

Does anyone know how much would it be to pay just for the implants? Out of curiosity…. Inbox me if you can…or say it here

Yana 51
    51p
    Menu

If you want an add please message me first though.

Menu

Hi hun sorry to ask on here but public messaging wasn’t working, there seems to be alot of things wrong on here recently, but I hope you don’t mind the add 🙂 and hope everything is okay x

Blondepug 36
    36p
    Menu

Hi Laura sorry to hear this news babe and hope you get it sorted. How long have you had your implants? xx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

Thanks girls I’ve accepted you Chloe 🙂

I’m 10 months post op hun.. Seen my surgeon today he confirmed I have grade 3 CC so hopefully get treated soon! Xx

Jasmine 10
    10p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Laura I have added you I hope you dont mind. I would love to talk about the aftercare im in a similar position and just dont no what to do xx

Jill
    0p
    Menu

What grade cc are you? My right breast feels hard and painful saw the nurse Saturday she said I need to see my surgeon again. I think I have grade 2. Mine are 10 months old too 🙁

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu
    +1

No probs Jasmine will accept you now. Hopefully we can help each other somehow.. its such a confusing stressful time! Xx

I am grade 1-2 in one breast and grade 3 CC in the other Jill, I didn’t even realise there was a problem in the lower grade breast until my surgeon said so reckon you will be more than a grade 2 hun. Def get in to see your surgeon asap start the ball rolling. I’ve been told I have to sit back and wait 3 months.. not impressed xx

Jill
    0p
    Menu

Why 3 months? What’s the wait for? I can’t get a appt till May! The nurse said to do hard massaging but I don’t know how! Xx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

May?! That’s a joke.. why so long? Don’t want to scare you but the massaging was awful…my surgeon done it when I went to see him and honestly thought he was going to rupture an implant. That’s how they used to treat CC by squeezing so hard it would weaken the tissue.. its had to stop cause was making people face newer worse problems like ruptures!

I was suggested to pay £75 per month for meds that have 50% chance of working… told him I couldn’t afford to do that so he said to just massage at home for 3 months and hope they get better. I’m in agony can’t wait that long. Xx

Jill
    0p
    Menu

As of today I’ve had pain in my Arm and armpit too 🙁 please let me know what happens with yours xx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

No idea hun.. just a waiting game. I’m pushing it forward and seeing dr singh again in 2 weeks so hopefully that will speed things up. Can’t believe you have to wait until May just to see someone it’s a joke. I would keep calling and tell them it’s an emergency or yore getting worse, its not on! Dont want to scare you but the hard massaging is awful, Dr singh done it at my first appointment and it felt like he ruptured an implant I’m still in pain from it 4 days later seriusly hiping he doesnt put me through it again at next appointment xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.