15 days PO… Exercise. HELP! Started by: Leah

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Im 15 days PO today, im feeling great dont have any pain but, i am feeling SOOOO god damn fat! Im the size of a house right now. My stomach is still really bloated & I also look extremely fat in my jeans. I feel disgusting. I usually go to the gym (preop) 3/4 times a week. Do you girls think it would be ok for me to take a walk on the treadmill, go on the bike & maybe cross trainer with no arms? Im dying here!!!! Thanks xo

Andreia 2
    2p
    Menu

Hey hun! i haven’t done my yet (will b in 29 days ) , but as a fitness instructor, after my surgery, i will be doing walks and doing lunges up the stairs as i wont be able to do much core and upper body exercise . i wouldn’t go on the xtrainer as you would need either to grab the handle bars to keep your balance, it might not feel but you’d be using muscles around your chest and biceps to hold the bars so that your body can keep a good posture. even though i haven’t had my surgery yet, i know i will have to rest a lot and eat foods high in protein, but then again, because my body wont be doing the same amount of exercise that its used to, my body wont need all that protein, and will then start get rid of the excess, but it will use a good fair amount to repair the muscle around my new boobs. the body takes ages to break that protein down and that’s when people feel bloated ( full). high carb foods also give you that feeling but it will wear off slightly faster than high protein foods as carbs its energy. try to have at least 6 small meals a day. that will tell your body that you wont be many hours without food, so it will burn the excess fat and use that as energy and prevent bloating as you wont have to have a big meal for your body to digest. have a super day hun xxxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi Leah. I feel exactly the same & I’m only 8 days PO. I feel awful, I’m used to going to the gym/exercising every day. I’m usually super active so not doing anything is killing me. I went for my check today & the nurse said I have to wait 5 more weeks, I can’t cope 🙁 I’ve been going for long walks & have been thinking about doing some squats/lunches & maybe a bit of gentle cycling at the gym. I am just worried I will regret it & create problems later down the line. So annoying!! Xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.