18 – too young ? opinions needed Started by: Mel

• Author
    10p
    Menu

Hi girls,
    I am 18 in less than a month and I have around £4.5k saved up from my whole teenage life. I have always felt horrible and low about my small boobs and I have never been able to feel comfortable with guys and during sex because of it. I know 18 is young but I know its what I want… do you think i should go ahead? My mum would kill me, looking to do this without any other support
    Thanks

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Milly. Firstly, well done on saving 4.5k throughout your teenage years, that’s amazing and certainly shows you have a firm head on your shoulders ! I can relate to what you are saying. I recall been your age and wanting bigger boobs, I used to daydream about it. I’ve always just Iived with what I had but then following having babies and losing even the little I had ..well enough was enough and that was the catalyst to really go for it. I know your parents will have a big influence on you and at 18 they can be very controlling but at the end of the day it is your life and your body. You will realise and learn as you get older to do what you want to make you happy…not others. Saying that its a very serious issue/procedure and you will need support and especially as you are so young. It’s not like you will be in debt , so thats a bonus you have the cash saved to do it, you don’t want debt at 18. The question you have to ask yourself is do you see it as a waste of that hard earned / saved money or not??. If it’s the latter then you may have your answer. Xx

BeckyH567 5
    5p
    Menu

It’s a personal choice, they wouldn’t let you have it done at 18 if it was too young but it’s something you really do need to think about, definitely not a decision to take lightly. Do all the research you can before deciding. I’m 19 and mine is this Saturday, but I’ve been thinking about this for a couple years now and it is the right thing for me. Just make sure that you want to do it for yourself and not for other people 🙂

Jessica 105
    105p
    Menu
    +1

Hey, I’ve wanted mine done for Aslong as I can remember. I’m now 3WPO and I’m 24. I wish I did it sooner to be honest but looking back to when I was 18 I don’t think I would of been ready for that type of decision. If you know your 100% about it then why not Aslong as its a thought out decision and well researched. I was worried telling my mam but in the end she came with me to my surgeon and was supportive. She said she would never encourage me to do it or tell me to go for it but she said she would support me. xx

Chloe 43
    43p
    Menu

Personally I think your too young but don’t let anyone judge you. I’m sure you’ll do what’s best for u. I was the same at your age and was desperate and had the money but didn’t have the support there. Once you have kids they can drop and you’ll them end up needing another BA sooner than u so take that into consideration. I would defo do a lot of research before hand and not rush into it. It’s defo something I’m glad I waited for but can also relate to being so insecure thst it effects your everyday life. For adleast the first week u need someone with u to help you do almost everything. Make sure you know all the risks before going ahead. Only you know yourself if your ready. Personally I’m glad I waited. But everyone’s different everyone has different circumstances. Good luck and only u can make the right decision. Just make sure you have that support and maybe talk to your mam about it no harm in trying to get her to come round if it’s something u really want. Even if she doesn’t amd u go ahead I’m sure she will support u no matter what xx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu
    +2

Nope 100% not too young, I’m 18 and op is Friday, my breasts are majorly asymmetrical like A to C between them so I can’t wear anything without a bra and I have to buy maxi boost bras then cut open one side and take the padding out on my bigger side and then I wear gym stuff most of the time as I can put a sports bra over this and a hoodie, for this reason I am getting a BA so young, I have worked 3 years to achieve a tiny waist with abs etc and I can’t wear anything to show off the body I have worked day in day out for in the gym because of my boobs and the way I see it is I won’t have chikderen until I’m late 20’s well this is my plan and by then I will be in a stable job so if I need the BA doing again following childeren it won’t be to soon to afford it again!
    I was always told to wait and see if they evened out and there’s no chance they ever will so I’m trying to sort them now as this simmer I have girls holidays, nights out and all sorts planned I do not want my boobs to stop me buying that bikini or wearing a tight vest top on holiday or a low cut crop!!! Honestly! From an 18 year olds perespective, do your research yes like so so much but you’re 100% not too young x

Daisy 15
    15p
    Menu

I don’t think your too young, if it’s something you’ve thought about for a long time go for it! I had my first BA a month after my 19th birthday I’m now 21 and 16 days post op of my second BA .. I’ve seen so many people say they wish they done it sooner. Got to say you do need some support as it will be a rough couple of weeks at first I’m sure if your happy for the decision your mum will be happy too xx

Chelsie 20
    20p
    Menu

Nope not to young- I’m 19 and getting mine done in two weeks. Do what makes you happy x

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I’m getting mine done in June (325cc from an A cup) and I’ve never been so excited! I’m 22 now and don’t want to wait any longer. There have been so many times when I could have worn certain clothes, bikinis etc if I’d had that cleavage! Although I’ve always enjoyed myself, I feel I’ve lost out on things others have, including confidence to date men. Its like there’s something missing for me however nice I dress.
    If you’ve got the money and want it so much, go for it because life is for living!

Menu

I’m looking at getting mine done in the near future & I’m only 22. My mum has made it very clear she is not happy about me going under the knife, however I’m so glad I got her involved in this process from day 1. She may not agree with it and has expressed her concerns, but she has come to all of my consultations & asked questions I didn’t even think about. She respects the fact that I’m a young women and its my decision (and money) and knows that she can only support me and not stop me.
    Make your mumma apart of it rather than do it on your own as its a life changing decision – also, when you know you know x

Katie 13
    13p
    Menu

I’m 20 and having my BA on 6th June, have wanted it for years and don’t think I’m any more ready now than I was back then. Also – I always thought my mum would be 100% against it and never allow me but both my parents have been so supportive!! Make sure you tell her how you feel and that it is something you are really serious about and you never know she may be ok! Good luck xxx

Hannah 63
    63p
    Menu

I went for my first consultation at 19, I knew from being 15/16 it was something I wanted. Not for attention reasons or anything, I just knew I never felt happy or comfortable. I decided at 19 I was not financially able yet. I’m now booked for my op in 3 weeks- 1 week after my 23rd birthday! I have full support from my mum, she had hers done when I was young. I don’t think you’re too young. As long as you know the reasons why you’re doing it. I also have 1 child, and I don’t want anymore. So take that into consideration when deciding x

Chloe 122
    122p
    Menu

I would of had mine done if I had the money at 18 though now I’m glad I’ve waited till after having kids…… I would suggest though when deciding the look you want to think about it as u get older as well because wen ur 38 you may still have the same implant, if ur going for a natural look I don’t think you would regret it but poss if u want the fake look u may not want this wen your older so I would just carefully think about that side of getting it done young…. I’ve watched so many tv programs and women say they wish they weren’t as big or as in your face after becoming a mum etc, like me I have a 14yr old and I wouldn’t want him embarrassed by comments his mates might make for example (boys will be boys) xx

Chloe 122
    122p
    Menu

Also I think only those of us with naturally small boobs can understand ur insecurities especially like Millie I can understand even more so, we all no how you feel if it’s what you want go for it its your body your money and your not getting into debt for it either you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders I doubt u would regret it xx

Lauren 29
    29p
    Menu

I was considering this at 18, and I only wish I had the funds/support to do it! I am now nearly 23 and have saved up and have the support of my mum (not telling me dad). I don’t think you’re too young at all! Xx

Mel 10
    10p
    Menu

Thankyou all for your overwhelming support!
    I still really want to go ahead with it and there is no doubt in my mind its the right thing. I think your right and I need to have a good serious chat with my mum!

Lily 7
    7p
    Menu

I’ve just turnt 18 in April and having my op in 2 weeks I couldn’t be happier I was having doubts aswell but now I’ve had all my consultations I’m over the moon, do whatever makes you happy girl people told me to wait a few years but if you’re insecure about your natural boobs like me it’s better to get it done early xxx

sophie2514 1
    1p
    Menu

I had my BA done when I was 21 … if I could go back and do anything differently, it would of been to get them done earlier than 21 ???? …. do what makes you happy! It’s your body, and your life, why be miserable about something you have the power to change? The fact you’ve saved up all the money just proves this is something you really want, and it’s not something you’ve decided upon lightly or quickly. Good luck with either decision you make xxx

Mel 10
    10p
    Menu

Thanks again for all your advice! i had my initial consultation yesterday and have already booked in my surgeon consultant in two weeks and plan to ahead with it in september 🙂 cant believe it finnally feels real!

Phoebe 16
    16p
    Menu

Not to young at all. I knew I wanted mine doing when I was 14. I’m now 24 and 9DPO. If I had the money saved at 18, I would have totally gone ahead with it.
    I would try and get your mum onside though. Mine knows it something I’ve always wanted and supported me as soon as I started getting the ball rolling. However, as I don’t live anywhere near her, I went to the initial consultations by myself and I really wanted my mum there. She came to the appointment when I paid the deposit and was there on the day of the surgery and my one week post op. I think you’ll want your mum with you as its an emotional and scary thing.
    Good for you though – I am so excited for you! Keep us updated with what you are up too XX

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

I’m 18 and having mine done in 10 days now! I think if you’ve wanted it for ages and have the finances to do it then go for it! xx

ellie sophie 35
    35p
    Menu

Im 18, ( my birthday was in april), im 2 days post op and im extremely happy! One thing i would say about being ‘young’ is probably the more social side- friends from sixth form being judgy and feeling obligied to tell family members ! But if you can take criticism and people disagreeing with you even when the going gets tough, you wont regret it ! I knew i wanted this since 14, worked hard and saved my own money and im already waking up everyday so happy ive done it!
    Hope this helps ❤️

Amber 22
    22p
    Menu

I’m 25 and I have been wanting this for years. Life’s too short and I only wish I had done it sooner, go with your gut. If you have wanted it as long as you have your mind won’t change: good luck 🙂

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.