2 days post op care- advise please Started by: hannah lou

• Author

Hi girls Im only 2 days post op and have been pretty Independant and Im starting to worry im over doing it. I Need help with dressing and washing but Ibe been pottering around the house a lot and went for a walk today.

Also I have a few questions:
    Has anyone used ice to reduce swelling ?
    How do I know if my sports bra is tight enough?
    When do they take the dressings off so I can shower?

Jenny
    0p
    Menu

Hi Hannah, you might not experience much pain or discomfort but your body has just gone through a major operation so it’s essential to have plenty of rest during recovery weeks especially in the first week post op. Try to take things easy and relax more, on my first 2 weeks post op, I even have a couple of naps during the day. a short walk might be ok but don’t forget that walking it’s still classify as exercise. If you are using ice to help reduce swelling, don’t place them directly on your skin, wrap them up with a cloth/towel first. Your sports bra need to be supportive but not too tight and make sure the it doesn’t rub onto your incisions. When you are allow to get a proper shower it’s all depends on how well you heal, your clinic nurse will advice you on this when you go for your post op check. I was 16 days post op before I’m allow a shower.
    Hope you recover well. x x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.