2 days post op :( reqlly hoping this gets better soon Started by: Lauren

• Author
    18p
    Menu

I know I’m only two days post op but currently I literally can’t do a thing for myself. My boyfriend is literally have to do everything for me and he needs to go back to work ideally Tuesday. Every time I stand up I get the most horrible shooting pains in my right boob. I know this is meant to be the nerves reconnecting. I’m just sooo swollen and stiff and can’t stand not being able to do anything for myself. Any post op girls able to tell me when they started to see a turn around in recovery? Feel like I’m doing so badly with it all xx

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

I feel exactly the same! Had my op on Friday, I’m normally so independent and I can’t even go to the loo by myself atm! My right boob feels really heavy and hard but my left one feels fine. I’m debating ringing the nurse because I can’t stand the pain. Hope you feel better soon xo

Lauren 18
    18p
    Menu

At least we’re in the same boat I guess! Yeah I’m thinking about ringing them too I just don’t want to sound pathetic because I feel lik they’ll be thinking duhhhh you have had a boob job. I’m so scared the implants are going to fall out of my body. I know that sounds ridiculous it’s just such a strange feeling! Hope you feel better soon too xx

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

I’ve spoken to a few lasses and they’re not in pain so I’m panicking in case something is wrong! I’m the same when I stand up I hold them in case they fall out haha. Tbf we’ve paid for after care so why not use it…I’m going to ring her now 🙂 maybe I just needed to take stronger pain killers or something. Xo

Freya 70
    70p
    Menu
    +1

Aw girls don’t worry too much. Your morphine and everything else they pump into you in hospital will be wearing off. I didn’t start feeling much better until about day 8 or 9 and certainly didn’t do anything but lazing around until about day 7. Try to keep up with painkillers and rest and yous will feel better soon xxx

Sharks 149
    149p
    Menu
    +1

I agree with Freya, the surgery medications have started to wear off. I was in so much pain from day 3, it was unbearable and I couldn’t do a thing for myself either. The co-codamol was doing nothing but constipating me, so I went to my GP, who gave me Naproxen (painkiller/anti-inflammatory). It worked so well that I was almost pain free by day 8 post op. The pain should start to go away from day 7 onwards. Stay on top of your painkilllers ladies. Happy healing. xxx

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

I wasn’t given cocodamol 🙁 I was given paracetamol and ibuprofen, does that matter? Don’t feel like they’re easing the pain at all…I’m such a wimp! Xo

Sharks 149
    149p
    Menu

It doesn’t matter hun. Everyone’s pain threshold is different, and I guess the paracetamol/ibuprofen are not strong enough to relieve your pain. Ask your GP and see if they can give you Naproxen 500mg. I swear by it. It works such a treat and relieves swelling as well. I started getting back more to my normal self after I started taking it. xxx

Tania 7
    7p
    Menu

If you’ve got strapping on, I felt sooo much better once this came off. I found a lot of my pain from strapping blisters. Happy healing xx

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

Oky doky thanks flower I’ll ring the doctors in the morning 🙂 yeah I’ll take anything to make me feel better at this point xox

Lucy Anna 146
    146p
    Menu

Hi girls! This worries me asJ I’m only 1 day PO & I feel hideous 🙁
    Can hardly move, so tight and sore and swollen it’s killing me! It’s only gonna get worse I guess 🙁 xx

Kerry Ann Fry 12
    12p
    Menu

I felt much better after day 3! Im currently on day 5 and feeling fine- can lift, stand and move as per normal- even washed my own hair over the bath this morning! Just go hard on painkillers and ive lived on lucozade orange- given me much more energy (not the healthy answer but im a mum to a 1 year old so cant afford to be too lazy!) xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

I’m not loving the cocodamol Im 2 days post op as well. I’ve only had it once today and taking nurofen instead Inbetween! Not taken as much today as the last few days as I feel constipated and also so bloated/bad sickness. Going to see how I go weaning myself off it. My chest feels so tight and hard to breathe. Glad I’m not a lone on this but I’m not exactly in pain, just discomfort xxx

Lauren 18
    18p
    Menu
    +1

Thank you so much for responses!! At least anyone currently going through this knows it is normal now and part and parcel of having new boobs. Fingers and toes crossed we all start feeling better soon. 😉 sending lots of positive thoughts to all of you xx

Lyndsey 4
    4p
    Menu

The 3rd day I felt like I’d been hit by a bus not gona lie! Then after that started to get slightly better each day. U are gona be in quite abit of pain when u think of what ur body had just been through but its into Gina get easier. U was off pain killers by about day 5 but I was still in a lot of discomfort. I’m just over 2 weeks post op now and I can only just get out of bed in my own in the morning! Xx

Lyndsey 4
    4p
    Menu

Sorry about my spelling… Flippn I phone! X

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

This post is Terrifying me haha!! I proppa feel for your girls I haven’t had my op yet as it’s still early days however I do work in a pharmacy so can help with the pain!! Get a prescription for naproxen and failing that get to your pharmacy and get some solpadeine it’s recommended for only 3 days use as it can be quite addictive but as long as your careful it will be fine you can buy it over the counter and it’s cheaper than the prescription charge if you pay! Hope your all feeling better soon I’ll only be allowed 7 days off work when I have surgery so ill be well and truly dosing up haha good luck all.all . of you xxxxxxxxx

Nicole 41
    41p
    Menu

Ah girls in with you on this one. I well and truly overdid it this afternoon went for a cofee with my mum came home and feel vile. I feel so tight and uncomfortable am walking like a hunchback. And I’m constipated beyond belief I look pregnant. Taken laxatives and managed to get some naproxen 250mg so gonna try them instead of cocodamol. Hopefully we will all feel better soon xxx

Lauren 18
    18p
    Menu
    +1

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! Nicole did you have to go to your doctors to get naproxen? Xx

Fionajsd 131
    131p
    Menu

I had terrible pain for about 4 days then it started getting easier. Plenty of rest x

Karolina 42
    42p
    Menu

I guess everyone is different…..on the day 3 I went out for a walk around on day 5 was out for dinner with my friend and 2 weeks after flew to Germany for Christmas and was back to normal. So when I read that some of you start doing things on their own 2 weeks post it remains me how lucky i was. Ladies it definitely gets better day by day and try to move around as much as possible so you don’t get stiff . Happy healing to all of you xxx

Nicole 41
    41p
    Menu

My mum works with a gp so mamaged to get me s few to tide me over til i see my gp tomorrow huni. Perks of her job luckily xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

I just posted I feel really uncomfortable and a bit low 🙁 I’m such an active person, in finding the discomfort really difficult not going to lie. Day 3 tomorrow, onwards and upwards I hope. Just got to bed rest more :/ xxxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.