2 days post op…should I be worried? Started by: Frankee Weaver

• Author

Hi all!
    I had my BA on Sunday, all went well and I’m already feeling so much happier and more confident! Just having abit of a worry as there’s brownish liquid leaking out the side of my bandages (on the right, I’m right handed so have been doing a lot more with that arm than the other, even though I’ve kept even that to a minimum). It’s not constant and I’m not in any pain, it’s just irritating and going all over my tops every now and again. My husband says it looks like the bandages under have just got leaked on and not dried and that’s what’s leaking out.
    I’ve asked my mom (who has had a BA before) and she says it’s normal, but just thought I’d see if anyone else had had this problem.x

Lisa
    0p
    Menu

Hi Hun I had my BA on Friday, so I’m 4 days post op and have been in agony in my right boob! I phoned the nurse at MYA and the first thing she asked me was wether my incisions were leaking? I went to the GP to get him to look at it and fortunately they were fine! But he did say that it could be an infection if it was leaking. I really don’t want to worry you, it’s probably fine, and it’s a good sign you got no pain! but I would call the out of hours number on your emergency red card, just to put your mind at rest! Let us know how you get on xx

Menu

Hiya! I just rang them and the nurse said it sounds like normal healing (for some people) and I probably just need my bandages changed 🙂 hopefully getting booked in at the clinic tomorrow for that. I was really worried about ringing them but my husband just pointed out with the amount they’ve cost I may as well use the services provided lol.x

Lisa
    0p
    Menu

Oh, that’s so good to hear!! Your right, it’s exactly what they are there for, I’m sure they get calls at all hours with worried ladies on the other end! You have paid for a service and they are always more than happy to assist! Good luck tomorrow with the nurse and happy healing x x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.