2 days post op – swollen and bloated stomach?! Started by: Rebecca

• Author
    6p
    Menu

Hi all,

So I’ve been an observer of this forum for months while I was planning my surgery. Now I’m 2 days post op and happy I had it done, the actual op went amazingly and pain is bearable. The thing that most surprised me was the bloated stomach! I’d seen a few photos but the size it has grown to has surprised me. All toilet functions are fine and the bloating doesn’t hurt, please tell me someone else had this and it gets better soon?

Justine 1
    1p
    Menu
    +1

I had my op on Monday 15th May and my stomach is exactly the same. My stomach is like a balloon and it’s so uncomfortable. I’ve been trying to drink loads of green tea and peppermint tea but nothing seems to be helping. I have read it’s normal water retention after surgery and that it last for about 2 weeks not sure if that’s true though.

Rebecca 6
    6p
    Menu

Thanks! I’m glad it’s not just me, really hope it doesn’t last two weeks though, not exactly feeling sexy with my new boobs and a big ol belly ????

Poppy 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

I’m feeling relieved that you girls have the same, I’m 2 days post op also done on the 15th may, and my tummy has ballooned. It was slightly bloated yesterday but today..it’s quite large haha and like Rebecca said its making me feel very unattractive, do you think it’s got something to do with not being able to hold your stomach how you normally do too though? Because even slightly tensing my tummy muscles hurts right now :/

Daisy 15
    15p
    Menu
    +1

I had my op on 1st May and my belly ballooned too looked about 6 months pregnant, as yous have said didn’t feel sexy at all with my new boobs and a big belly! 17 days post op and my belly is pretty much back to normal now, try to stop taking the co dydramol or whatever pain killers were given to you by the hospital when ever the pain is bearable and maybe swap to normal paracetamol and the bloating should start to calm down . Drink lots of water and try to move about as much as you can xx

Rebecca 6
    6p
    Menu

Thanks! I’ll try to stop the painkillers as they do seem to be a bit easier pain wise so think I can cope. I’m also trying to walk around as heard that helps. Fingers crossed it is better soon!

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.