2 days post op want to sleep on side! Started by: Stella

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Ok girls I know I’m a tad inpatient but I’m moving my arms a lot better today. I woke up lying flat this morning after I went to bed in the seated position can anyone remember when they were able to lie on their sides please

Laura
    0p
    Menu

You’ve just got to do what feels comfortable for you. I think if you get comfy on your side and fall asleep, you’d probably be in a bit of pain when you woke up! Especially after only two days. I think by maybe day 7 I could sleep on my side for a little bit, but it does hurt when you sit up again! x

Stella
    0p
    Menu

Ok thank you Laura makes sender.
    I just tried half lying on my side just to take the pressure off my bottom really but it made my chest ache after 10 mins

AllyH 2
    2p
    Menu

I’m day 20 and still can’t sleep on my side, tho I put a pillow at my side and kind of lean slightly into it. Looking forward to being able to get back onto my side…I move from side to side for a while when I go to bed and that seems to help me settle to sleep, so the back sleeping’s tough. I found until about day 10, I preferred to be a little angled up, as my new boobies felt more uncomfortable flat. Happy healing…and sleeping 🙂

Laura
    0p
    Menu

Don’t worry you’ll be back to your old sleeping habits before you know it. I keep waking up on my front now, and it feels fine. I’m sure everyone feels different at different stages though!

AllyH 2
    2p
    Menu

Yayy hope so Laura 🙂 Great pics by the way, you must be so chuffed, especially after having problems with the steri-strip to start with, looked painfull xx

Laura
    0p
    Menu

Yeah I’m made up Ally, so happy with them. They just feel like part of me now. It was a bit upsetting when my dressings came off and that mess was underneath, but you’d never know looking at them now!

Menu

If you get a v pillow and kind of *hug* it so that your arm is under it and the pillow is supporting your breasts, that will lessen the avhe, also get your self a Kush or roll up a pair of socks and put them between your boobs, it supports the sternum and stops the weight causing pain x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.