2 weeks post op… gym tonight? Started by: Lucy

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Hi Girls, had my op 2 weeks ago today. I’m feeling fine really, back to myself just obviously being extra cautious. I want to go back to the gym tonight, I feel so bloated from the tablets still and feel unhealthy (I normally go 3x a week)
    I’m doing the Marathon in April so need to get back ASAP. I’m looking to do just walking on an incline on the treadmill and a bit on the bikes. Maybe some leg weights. From experience girls will this be ok? xx

Chloe 1
    1p
    Menu

I wouldnt if I was you. Its a lot of money and I know u may feel ok but your bodys not healed properly yet and neither have your scars they could still open.
    x

Rinx ♥ 4
    4p
    Menu

I would say definitely not, they said 4 weeks for light stuff and then 6 weeks for everything else, its not worth the risk honestly just wait 2 more weeks xx

Sophie
    0p
    Menu

Hello – I know it’s slightly different as I had vaser, but like you I am used to training a lot, I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and thought I was absolutely fine, so went to the gym last night. Didn’t even last ten minutes, I think we have to assume they say a set amount of time for a reason. X

Rinx ♥ 4
    4p
    Menu

with implants you cause them them to move place etc, and your incisions need time to heal! I started on the bike at 4 weeks and started with squats and press ups 8 weeks x

Rinx ♥ 4
    4p
    Menu

not press ups god, sit ups ***

Lucy
    0p
    Menu

My bubbles burst lol I am a nightmare I no I will go as my boyfriends going. I’ve been walking my dog etc on hill walk the weekend and felt fine so don’t plan on doing anything more strenuous than that x

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

Im going to go spin next week which will b just over three weeks,let me no how u were on bikes as im havin second thoughts after thinking that spin can b high impact on chest but i was just going to tell instructor that im going at my own pace and obviously take it easy x

Rinx ♥ 4
    4p
    Menu

Really isn’t worth the risk ! I started on bike at 4 weeks and because your hands are on the handle bars it does put some strain on your chest. Xxx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

@Rinx yea i did think about that bcoz i was just thinkin im doin my legs but with spin u can put alot ov pressure on chest but thats if you do the mad sprinting etc i’ll c what @Lucy says and c how i feel next week but may just wait coz like u said dont want to risk effecting myself for the sake of a few wks x

Sarah
    0p
    Menu

I have been told by my doctor after 1 wk I can do biking only. I can’t wait to go for a run but def not worth the risk. X

Sarah -2
    -2p
    Menu

Hi girls! I’m a regular gym freak too! Having my op on the 4th March and dreading not being able to work out! How is walking at a fast pace post op? What about squats with no weights? And do the tablets make you really bloated? Does that go down? Honestly my worst nightmare!! My friend said she lost weight after hers as she couldn’t eat properly because of the tablets! I suppose if you keep your diet well you should stay the same, right? Xxxxx

Trish
    0p
    Menu

I was the same as you early on, desperate to get back and sooo paranoid about gaining lots of lbs. But honestly it’s really not worth risking damaging your new assets. 2 weeks is so early, BA’s are major surgery and take at least 6 weeks for the majority of healing to take place so you could easily damage the pocket at 2 weeks. You’d only kick yourself should anything happen. Just sit back and relax and let them heal. It’s cold and your not gonna want to be showing them off yet so give them the time they need to heal and come the Summer you’ll have perfect boobs to show to the world.

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

I’m dreading this. I’m a gym freak and a runner too. I’m also dong the marathon in April although I’ve put off having my ba until after. I train 5x a week and I struggle taking time off. With my 1st ba I was back to the gym 2 weeks after, but just keeping it light, walking, bike, but not spinning. etc. no weights tho. At my consultation this time I asked and he also said after 2 weeks I’d be able to get back to light trainng.xx

Hayley -1
    -1p
    Menu

@rinaule press ups haha I was thinking god I won’t be able to do press ups for at a year this girl is super women haha

Hayley -1
    -1p
    Menu

@rinaule press ups haha I was thinking god I won’t be able to do press ups for at a year this girl is super women haha

AllyH 2
    2p
    Menu

I was dreading all the time off my running, and no doubt when I start again, I’ll feel very frustrated, but I’m 3 weeks tomorrow and my surgeon had said I could do lower body stuff from 3 weeks, and running from 4 (I just had overs mind too), so in theory I could gym it, walking no the dreadmill, x-trainer, with no arms, and cycle from tomorrow, but I really don’t feel up for it yet and I thought I’d be tearing my hair out, but it’s okay really.

Lucy – What did your surgeon advise? He’s the one who knew exactly what your body was being put through.

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.