2 weeks today!! what has everyone packed in their hospital bags? Started by: Helen

• Author
    111p
    Menu
    +1

they do allow you to bring in your own food don’t they? i am so fussy with food i would like to bring a few items in myself. do you need anything pj or trackie bottoms wise if you’re a day case? how long approximately would you be waiting between waking up after the op and being discharged? xx

Adele 29
    29p
    Menu
    +1

hi Hun,

I was a day case but took the following

Clean underwear, my sports bras for post op, my kindle and phone charger, pjs incase I was kept in overnight… And a sick bag for my journey home (boy was I glad I brought it)

I was discharged 3-4 hours after op.
    They offered me toast after my op but I couldn’t eat it. Felt so sick from the ga. they do let you bring your own food but you can’t eat until after you op and when the nurses give you the OK to do so. Generally an hour after your op.

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu

were you really sick on the way home hun? that’s not nice πŸ™ did you bring a pillow for the car? think i might bring a bottle or 2 of water, i sip it a lot when i feel sick or in pain and it helps xx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I have my op on Thursday and still not sure what to take for fat case lol xx

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu
    +1

haha i am the kind of girl who packs for a holiday a month early so i am behind schedule by 2 weeks! going shopping for new comfy pjs and V neck pillow tomorrow xx

Levi 42
    42p
    Menu
    +4

I’m in tomorrow! Admission time 12:30 at Fitzroy! Here’s what I’ve packed πŸ™‚

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Helen 111
    111p
    Menu
    +2

levi i love your pjs! where are they from? oreos are also a good shout, i am going shopping today for hospital stuff so will bear all of that in mind, especially the oreos!! what painkillers are you taking with you? can you use paracetamol or ibuprofen alongside the ones they give you? xx

Menu

I had my op yesterday as a day case and packed loads but didn’t use much of it. The only thing I’d say is to make sure you take quite a bit of food. My admission time was 07.30, went down for my op at 11.30 but wasn’t discharged till 18.30 due to my blood pressure being so low so I had to drink a lot of water and eat but the toast and biscuits they give you are quite dry which I found hard to swallow after. The first thing I could actually eat properly was a milky way haha x

Levi 42
    42p
    Menu
    +2

@helenelizabethxx they’re from Boohoo πŸ™‚ less than Β£20 I think! And they’re really comfy! I’m on my way to Fitzroy now… A little nervous! And very hungry! ?? (I’m always eating!) that’s why I packed loss of snacks too! xxx

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu
    +1

ah i will have a little look, i am finding myself buying so much stuff and maniac planning everything now! milky ways are a good call, going to have a big shop the day before i go up to London ☺️ ahh good luck levi! let us know how you get on, can’t wait until 2 weeks yesterday for mine! ❀️ xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.