2 wks PO scar has raised.. Started by: Jules

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hi everyone,
    I’m 2 weeks PO now and everything has went ok so far but I’m noticing now that the scar under my right breast is raised, I don’t know if this is normal and I’m starting to get worried. It’s right at the fold where they’ve started to drop so I don’t know if it’s that or the sports bras rubbing. Anyone had this before? Does it go away?
    Jx

Danielle 131
    131p
    Menu

Maybe ring MYA up and ask a nurse if you’re concerned hun they will be able to put your mind at ease x

Amy 265
    265p
    Menu

Hi Hun make sure the band of your bra is pulled low as it may be irritating your incisions. But ring the nurse as Danielle said she will give the best advise x

Leanne
    0p
    Menu

Hi there, it sounds like you have some keloid scaring, I’m very prone to keloid scaring as my skin is very think and sensitive, iv been recommended by Mr Signh to buy silicone sheets and gels to use after op, and that is really good for scaring, researched it abit and found alot of people use it for their scaring and works really well, they are expensive to buy but u can get them cheaper on eBay. Iv heard the sheets are better then the gels. Hope this helps

Jules 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks @destijl & @amy03, rid to get through earlier but no one picked up, but I’ll try again tomorrow. X

Jules 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks @lp2903 have you used them yet? And did Mr Singh tell you when was ok to put them on your scars, did you have to wait 6 wks PO? X

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

My right scar has been raised for 6 weeks, I had my 6 week check today and she said it’s absolutely fine was just dry and scabby, so she cleaned it up for me and its gone right down now! xo

Leanne
    0p
    Menu

No he hasn’t told me when to use it, but in assuming when the wounds closed up. I forgot to ask him before my op, and was too dazed when he came to see me after. At my 1st consultation with him, he took a look at my c-section scaring and told me too get silicone sheets to use. Do some research, it is worth a try if it will help the appearance of scaring.

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.