28 days PO 500 mod+ overs Started by: Ali

• Author
    25p
    Menu
    +4

Hi everyone!
    I’m a month PO tomorrow and it feels like I have had them forever! Whilst the first 2 weeks felt like a lifetime, my recovery has been perfect actually – which I understand is the case with overs vs unders. I had an overnight stay at Fitzroy which was nice, and took the antibiotics but no painkillers other than paracetamol after the op (I can’t take codine). I was up and about pretty much straight away (which was good as it was Christmas Day 5 days after op!). I still take the odd paracetamol now and was taking them in regular 4hr intervals until a couple of days ago.

Size wise I was advised to have 500cc as I had plenty of breast tissue and I’m no skinny Minnie (size 14), and anything smaller wouldn’t have been seen. I sometimes feel that I should have gone larger (I was offered 550 but said no as I didn’t want to have massive boobs!) but I can’t dwell on that now! I am really happy with them. I wanted them to look the same as they did in my padded bras without a bra on and they totally do so I got what I asked for!

I have no idea how big they are yet. I wear my macom at night and my Asda sports bra during the day. Currently wearing a 38DD sports bra (although I was always an unmeasured 36B pre op) and whilst I can fit into the 38D that I bought (I wasn’t sure on what size to get!), it is too tight and uncomfortable after a while so I’ve put that away. But I have no idea of size and TBH throughout the whole process i have never been bothered about size, it was all about shape to me. I asked if I could wear my CK bras like I see other girls wearing but my nurse said that the larger implants (esp overs) are too heavy and need more support – a sports bra- so I haven’t worn anything else. I have had a great experience with MYA but wish there was more consistency in their advice to the girls as it does get confusing and contradictory at times. There are other girls with what look like larger boobs than me (although with smaller implants) that wear far different/nicer post op bras and I’m jealous as I’ve been told v different advice (even though we have had the same surgeon!)

I still have slightly pointy boobs (I was slightly tubular pre op) but I’m sure this goes down to a more rounded shape in time. From the side, to me, they look smallish but I’m not sure whether that is cos I am used to the large swollen size! They are dropping slowly though and starting to look more like a classic boob shape! My scars are amazingly clean and straight – Dr Fuimara is amazingly skilled.

The one thing that I have struggled with in the whole recovery is the sleeping. As a side sleeper it has been really hard to sleep only on my back. I’m now lying flat on my back which is better than the slightly reclined position but I am still desperate to sleep on my side and hoping that comes soon – I am going to wait til my 8 week check as I don’t want to displace the implant as I have come too far now to mess anything up! I had one of those reclining supports from Amazon (£20?) and a large v shaped pillow that pregnant ladies use and found that really helped to remain in position – although it did take up a lot of the bed (poor boyfriend!)

I’m using palmers coco butter stretch cream as well as a SOS product to avoid stretch marks as I am prone to them and the larger implant could cause them. I havent had any yet (touch wood) but then the implant also doesn’t look that large in me!
    https://www.palmers.com/cocoa-butter-formula/25-massage-lotion-for-stretch-marks.html
    https://www.scienceofskin.com/product/stretch-mark-defence/

I am happy to answer any questions you might have – this forum helped me to be prepared loads before my op xxx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ali 25
    25p
    Menu

Some other views

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ellie 7
    7p
    Menu

Hey Ali! Your progress looks so good! I was really similar to you, size 14, unmeasured 36B but I had 400cc/450cc mod plus unders! It’s relieving to see how yours have changed over a few weeks, I was slightly tubular too so I’m a bit pointy too – I’m 6DPO!

Random question, but at any point did you have pulling sensations inside near the implant? I’m experiencing this, it feels like muscle although I know it can’t be as I was over the muscle! I’m seeing the nurse tomorrow anyway but would be reassuring to hear of any weird feelings or sensations you experienced with overs!xx

Ali 25
    25p
    Menu

Hi yes I did feel this. It was when I moved in a way that perhaps over stretched my chest muscles without even realising it and god did I feel it after the movement! That passes though so don’t worry. Just have a double check with the nurse tomorrow x

L87 78
    78p
    Menu
    +1

They look so natural on you for big implants! 🙂 xx

Ali 25
    25p
    Menu

Thank you! I agree, I think they are so natural too. So much that I forget they’re new! X

Kate
    0p
    Menu

Hi Ali.

Reading your story was literally like writing my own! I’m exactly the same measurements as you o was 36b pre op however I only had 350cc implants. I’m a week and a half post op now and they looked great over the weekend but now the swelling has gone down I’m concerned they may still look slightly tubular, I had grade 2 tubular breasts to start so the implant has just listen everything up really. Did youfind they rounded out more In the first month?

Also I have a Macom bra but struggling with other bras the m&s ones all just are t for me they dig In all the wrong areas. What was your asda bra called? I looked at asda they had post surgery bras 2 for 12 but u don’t know what the support is like on them anyone have any other recommendations?

Kate xx

Ali 25
    25p
    Menu

Hi @kate1993

Well they are still slightly tubular now as there is still swelling around the nipples but they are a million times better than they were from the first week. Far more round so fear not! It will get a lot better. I’m now looking forward to wearing bras and not sports bras and they look like a shelf under my clothes sometimes without the cleavage definition that a bra gives!
    My Asda bra is similar to this one but pink and black – but I haven’t been able to find another one anywhere in my size where I live (or online).
    http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/lingerie/zip-front-sports-bra/GEM527615,default,pd.html

Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.