3 days after my opp.. Started by: Jessica

• Author
    6p
    Menu

So it’s 3 days today after my boobs, I had unders hp 350cc hoping to be a big c small d :)! This morning was awful!! I’d slid down a little further on to my back in my sleep. I was in so much pain, I couldn’t get up and I had a burning sensation in both boobs and still do like numb and tingling 🙁 today has been one off the most painful days 🙁 I thought it would get easier: what’s going on? Has anyone else experienced the burning or tingling sensation? Also my arms feel like I’ve pulled a muscle in them :(! Help me!! I just want it to get easier. And there swelling still needs to go down. Any advice girls? Or any experience the same? Please share aha xxxxx

Abbie 43
    43p
    Menu

Hi Jessica, don’t worry chick its totally normal. I was exactly the same. I felt like a turtle stuck on my back and needed help to get up, morning were the worst my chest was so heavy and i walked or should i say shuffled around clinging on to my boobs, i was in so much pain 🙁 I promise you it does get easier. By day 10 i turned a corner and felt like myself again, im day 16 now.
    For the swelling obviously ibuprofen helps but try ice packs, these really helped me
    I had more pain in my left than my right too and couldn’t move my left arm as i had pain right into my arm pit and the burning! OMG what a killer it was awful. My left boob muscle kept trying to contract back into shape too and that really hurt and really freaked me out.
    Everything you have described is totally normal and it will get better i promise xx

Beccy 2
    2p
    Menu

Today is day 3 po for me too and I literally feel like I can’t take it any more allready! I hope it starts to get better soon! I stopped taking the co codamol after day one as it mqde me sick so just on ibuprofen! The mornings are the worst and the most painful for me! I hope tomorrow I start to feel better! I’m meant to be back at work on Tuesday as well!

Jessica 6
    6p
    Menu

Thank you Abbie that’s made me feel so much better, I’m glad it’s all normal. It’s the weirdest feeling ever. I’m glad th days get easier aha! I guess we never no what to expect. Thank god for this chat thing haha! Thanks again you’ve really helped xxx

And Beccy I don’t no how your not taking you pain killers aha they have been my life saver aha! I hope it’s gets easier for you to! Mya just rang me and they said day 3 is the worst because all the anasetic has left your system and your nervous and muscles are coming back to life! So onwards and upwards from today I hope 🙂 xxxx

Abbie 43
    43p
    Menu

I agree with that, day three was bad for me too, the nerves re connecting is such a freaky feeling! I get a bubbly feeling on my skin too which was strange! I des pass though girls so ride it out! Pain killers and ice packs. I found if i sat for too long id get stiff and it would make it worse so try walk around as much as you can and circle your shoulders to stop them from stiffening up xx

Jessica 6
    6p
    Menu

Thank you for advice. Could I maybe ask an embarrassing question? Did you struggle going to the toilet? I’m bunged up and havnt been for 4 days ? And I even taken herbal laxatives and nothing 🙁 not helping win the bloat situation aha xx any advice there?

hollie 22
    22p
    Menu

Hi girls I’m only 1 day post op and I’m in a lot of pin,more than yesterday. I thought each day would get better. I’m
    Guessing now the anesthetic has worn off its more painful. Getting up is a struggle,I’m literally bum shuffling to the end of the bed then standing for a bit and attempting to walk to the toilet! My chest is so tight and hot!
    Hope you girls start to feel better soon,just try and think what’s to come,it’s all worth it!xx

Abbie 43
    43p
    Menu

The bloating is normal too, I was worried that people were going to assume I was preggers! and yes I had I couldn’t go although I was pretty thankful as I probably would have struggled to wipe! I used lactulose as its not as harsh as laxatives. The nurse said its normal and a result of the cocodamol and antibiotics coupled with not moving around as much. Also the swelling travels down your body too. Once you finish the antibiotics and stop taking cocodamol it will clear up I know that probably doesn’t make you feel any better now as its bloody uncomfortable. Drink lots of water, move about when you can all the usual. My bloating has gone now too thank god! xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.