3 days post op – cant cope with the pain ! Started by: Stevie

• Author
    1p
    Menu

I had my op tuesday morning and I’m in absolute agony i cant cope. The painkillers are not working 🙁
    Does it get better and when ??
    I have horrendous back, neck and shoulder pain from sleeping upright
    Can someone reassure me it gets better and when 🙁 xx

Teg
    0p
    Menu

Im not taking the painkillers they gave I’m taking normal paracetamol 500mg with the anti biotics 3 times a day and I’m fine try taking normal paracetamol xxx

Menu

Hey! Day 3-5 was the worst for me I cried loads!! It will get better though! Try taking ibruprofen as well an maybe switch to just plain paracetamol instead (I’ve heard people foud that better). Remember not to take any of the meds on an empty stomach. Have you got a v pillow? Try surrounding yourself with pillows to make yourself more comfortable, it’s not nice I’m
    9 days post op and I still hate sleeping and wake up all achey. Hang in there Hun! Xxx

Becky
    0p
    Menu

Oh no hun, hope you feel better soon.

What pain killers do they give you?

Stevie 1
    1p
    Menu

They gave me tramodol they made me sick so so i stuck with paracetamol for 3 days today has been to much so i went doctors this morning they gave me different antibiotics and said rotate the paracetamol and ibuprofen. Everything aches and hurts im not sleeping or anything. This bloody strapping is causing me to hunch over when walking is this normal. Im feeling rather sorry for myself 🙁 xx

Grace
    0p
    Menu

Today I’ve had the side affects of the tablets … Been dizzy nauseous and finally was sick which has made me feel better!
    Only few more days of pain! I find its getting quite tight and im walking with my shoulders hunched up too! Will get better 🙂 xxx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I was like this hun but it will pass in a few days. 3-6 was the worst days. I took sleeping tablets just to get through the nights up right found building myself a cubby on the sofa was the best way. Try putting a pillow under ur knees too it stopped my back aching so much x

Stevie 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks girls, any bit of info is helpful. Im getting so annoyed with this tape and sleeping. But it will get better and will hopefully be worth it !! Xx

Gail
    0p
    Menu

I was the same chick, so much pain but it really does get better trust me. Use hot water bottles on your neck and back and cold compress, ice packs on your chest and please keep up with the pain relief. If I could have had them took out I would have, the pain was so bad but now I can hardly remember. It will get better xx

ayshababy 5
    5p
    Menu

I was the same i cried so much on day 3 that was the worst day dont worry hangin there by day 5 u will feel much better. I had a hot water bottle on my back which helped that pain and put a cold compress on ur boobs it is the only thing that helped
    Me. Take it off after 15 mins for an hour then u can reapply for another 15 etc xx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

Hope it gets better @stevie i really am dreading the recovery and pray that i get it easy like some ov the girls coz im gona b on my own from day three with my two children too it will b a nytmare if get hit like this.Really hope u start to recover hot water bottles r really good for pain relief like bak ache x

Menu

So sorry to hear of this try co coadmoal it was what i was given and I was pain free. Drink as much fluids as you can to get GA out of your system and put a pillow under your bum, if youve got a slight frame the upright sleeping hurts……Ive got padding. It gets better. The arnica tablets really helped me. I.ve been back to work this week after 13 days post op… Ive been whacked every day and in bed by 8.00pm on plus side had dressings changed and just steri strips. I had BA and uplift, love my nipples sooooo cute xxx

Kai
    0p
    Menu

So sorry to hear that you’re in pain. The first 3 days are the hardest I say. I took co dydramol every 4-6 hours to get on top of the pain. But because I was getting drowsy, I managed to take paracetamol instead and it had the same effect. My back and bum was aching more than my boobs because I made sure I was sleeping upright every night to avoid me having the feeling of chest fullness when I wake up. The pain will decrease gradually each day. Have a good recovery 😉

Menu

I found the pain peaked around day 3-4 and then started to ease x

Abigail
    0p
    Menu

After day 5 it eased off for me! Hope you feel better soon Hun x

Menu

Aww sorry to hear your on so much pain hun. I would agree that after around 5 days the pain does start to ease a little I found ibuprofen helped when taking it with the paracetamol. Hope you feel a little better soon. X

Nicole'
    0p
    Menu

Hi Stevie I had mine Saturday and I’m in agony! I was ok Sunday morning making tea and toast but by Sunday evening Zmonday morning my god agony and extreme constant burning like someone holding a straightener on my boob!! Hope to god it goes soon I’ve had frozen sweetcorn pressed on it as ice was started to drip and that’s the only thing that’s soothed it as the pain relief other than make me feel drowsy isn’t helping much frozen sweetcorn all the way just takes sting off for a while cant waiti for this to ease up I have had 2 c sections and I was in a lot less pain healing than this!

Stevie 1
    1p
    Menu

Hey Nicole. Im now a week post op today and i feel a million tomes better i only started feeling this way yesterday so hang on in there hunni. Them few days for me were the worse.
    I never had the burning well i didnt think i dis cus i had the strapping on, i had it taken off today and my left boob is burning hot !! Glad it isnt just me. Its normal though as i asked the nurse today. Its all part of the healing process. Just keep going through it babe. Its a million times better after about 6-7 days.
    Hope u feel better 🙂 xx

Nicole'
    0p
    Menu

Aww thanks Stevie that’s so reassuring everyone on here seems fine and I have been in agony !! I wake up and think god another day off this!! Had my op on Saturday and just pray it eases off a bit soon can’t handle it much longer! Xx

Beckie
    0p
    Menu

@ayshababy – did thye have to create new pockets for you when you had your re op hun and was it more painful than the first time you had them done? x

ayshababy 5
    5p
    Menu

@Beckie it was about the same pain/abit more bearable. and i healed WAY faster. washed my hair at 6days post op. whereas with my 1st op i couldnt do that til 3wks!

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.