3 weeks to go! Any advice girls? Started by: Abbie

• Author
    5p
    Menu

Hiya….
    Got my op booked in for 24th October at Preston with DR Mounir! I’m having 375cc HP overs…
    My first Macom bra arrived today and my bat wing pillow is being delivered on Monday 🙂 I’ve got some other sports bras from asda and from M&S and got some bio oil…. Is there anything else I need?
    I would love to see some before and after pictures of 375 overs.

Any more advice for the day of my op or before and after would be appreciated 🙂
    Xx

Imogen (@icrlm) 155
    155p
    Menu

Good luck! My week is just under 6 weeks away – it feels like so far still!
    In my BA box (yes, I have a whole box of stuff. Haha) is:
    • Arnica tablets (for bruising) – I plan to start taking these a few days pre op
    • Hard peppermint sweets – to help with nausea after coming around from surgery
    • Macom
    • V pillow
    • Extra pillows
    • Vitamins (B complex, zinc, iron & C, magnesium) – to assist my body with recovery
    • Paracetamol, ibuprofen, co-codamol – in case I need pain relief once prescriptions have ran out
    • Heat / cool pack – cool to relieve swelling & heat to relieve potential back pain from sleeping upright
    • Top to toe wipes – a poor substitute for a bath / shower
    • Senokot – in case I get bad constipation from anaesthetic / meds
    • Aquaban – a girl recommended this to reduce bloating post op so will give them a go.
    • Science Of Skin stretch mark deterrent / Bio Oli / moisturiser – I am expecting to get stretch marks so I’m going to do everything I can to prevent them! Haha

That’s everything in my box but there are things like the below which you should also consider for the day / recovery:
    • Front fastening tops / Pjs
    • iPad / iPod / magazines for entertainment
    • Drinkjng straws – apparently these come in handy as supposedly even lifting a glass to your mouth can be a challenge
    • Flannel – some recommended this to me as they started getting really hot after the op and this was if great help to cool down.

… That’s all I can think of so far. Xx

Abbie 5
    5p
    Menu

Thank you that’s helped a lot! Six weeks will fly by I’ve been on count down since June… And now it’s literally so close! Xx

Imogen (@icrlm) 155
    155p
    Menu

Your welcome 🙂 I hope so! I’ve beeen counting down since mid July and it’s gone quickly so far. Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.