4 days post op – pain!!! Started by: Hannah

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hey girls, I had my op on Friday with Mr Singh at the Fitzroy and it was amazing experience. The room was spotless and the staff were so friendly and reassuring. Overall I couldn’t fault a thing – MYA was definitely the best choice. I’m now 4 days post op and finding it so difficult to sleep in the nights. I’m on top of my meds but I’m still in loads of pain. I’m more concerned about my left boob, which seems to be more painful than the right, which is a lot softer. I’m wondering if this is normal and how long does the pain take to ease. I am a baby with pain anyway, but if anyone could give me some tips it would be great. I had 375cc partials and was pre warned they would cause more pain but it can be excruciating, especially first thing in the morning. I don’t think my strapping is helping as its sooo tight and not coming off until Thursday. Any advice will be much appreciated

Athena 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m the sand I had my op Sunday! And I’m in a lot of pain too! Strapping is so tight and the pain of getting up out if bed is just awful! I’m hoping this goes away soon! 🙁 x

Hannah 1
    1p
    Menu
    +1

I just did not prepare myself for it bring this bad – it’s much worse first thing in the morning and sleeping upright is a killer. I Spoke to the MYA nurse today who rang to confirm my post op appointment and she said it’s all completely normal so I wouldn’t worry too much. We will just have to ride it out unfortunately xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

I had so much pain for the first 5 days it was the worst, I’m not day 12 I think and I’m not in pain, can move easily with everything, just if I pu’ll or push A door too hard or other things that you use your chest muscles for it feels like a shocking discomfort rather than pain, I’m off all painkillers now but I dud find my first day back at work a bit achy

Athena 1
    1p
    Menu

Hopefully the pain goes away soon! Poor boobies feel like rocks x

Lisalili 115
    115p
    Menu

Hi hun, it’s completely normal for one breast to hurt more than the other… U have to look at it like 2 separate operations that can have different healing times. Make sure u get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and just remember that you will get better every day. I am nearly 3 weeks post-op now and I feel great. I was off my meds on day 6 as I made sure to completely rest until then. X

Amie 32
    32p
    Menu

Hey Hun I was exactly the same yesterday on day 4 I took my strapping off in the end because I literally had a break down from the pain I found a nasty swollen bruise and blister from the drains underneath which it was pulling on now day 5 I’m off my meds and completely pain free and sleeping so much more comfortable! I literally feel the complete opposite within 24 hours been out for dinner and walked around tescos for 20 minutes today still not heavy lifting anything though. Try stick with it once that strapping is off you will feel so much better and a lot more comfortable! Xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.