4 days post op – pain!!! Started by: Hannah

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hey girls, I had my op on Friday with Mr Singh at the Fitzroy and it was amazing experience. The room was spotless and the staff were so friendly and reassuring. Overall I couldn’t fault a thing – MYA was definitely the best choice. I’m now 4 days post op and finding it so difficult to sleep in the nights. I’m on top of my meds but I’m still in loads of pain. I’m more concerned about my left boob, which seems to be more painful than the right, which is a lot softer. I’m wondering if this is normal and how long does the pain take to ease. I am a baby with pain anyway, but if anyone could give me some tips it would be great. I had 375cc partials and was pre warned they would cause more pain but it can be excruciating, especially first thing in the morning. I don’t think my strapping is helping as its sooo tight and not coming off until Thursday. Any advice will be much appreciated

Katrina 41
    41p
    Menu

@xxhannahxx Hi Hannah….I feel exactly the same as u. I had my op on Friday 350 hp partials and sleeping is such a nightmare…I dread the sun going down each night. The morning wake up when you go to get out of bed, the implants moving forward can cause such discomfort. I am hoping they will soon feel like part of my body and more comfortable. This op has taught me just how much of a baby i am and how low my pain threshold must be as i cant stand it. My right boob was really sore until yesterday when something seems to have just relaxed there and the discomfort has eased but my back is stressed to its limits right now..I dream of laying and curling up on my side or front….how I miss that. I aren’t getting my strapping off until Friday so I am hoping that makes a difference. Are there any post op ladies who can spread some light as to when they generally felt much more like themselves x

Hannah 1
    1p
    Menu

Ahh thanks so much for your reply katrina, Im also trying to sleep upright and my back is in half… The bottom of my back aches, my bum and also my neck from being stuck in such an awkward position. I’m used of sleeping on my side and it’s driving me crazy… Hopefully things will get better as the days go by, but it just feels like I’ve been in pain forever! Hopefully we will be more comfortable when the damn strapping comes off xxx

Katrina 41
    41p
    Menu

@xxhannahxx I am really hoping so Hannah. I want to be able to enjoy the new additions but right now, I just want to be able to breathe, stretch and sleep again first….I totally underestimated my recovery. I went out and bought a 2nd v pillow….one for my bum and one for my head and shoulders but still feels uncomfortable sleeping x

Hannah 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m exactly the same – I expected to be back to normal after a few days, but I never expectedto be in this much pain and discomfort. My poor boyfriend has slept on the floor next to the sofa with me for the past two nights – we’re both exhausted. I’ve also got a very bloated stomach, I’m hoping it’s just from the cocodemol and will go back to normal after the painkillers have finished. Feeling very sorry for myself at the moment lol xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.