4 days pre op and still have no surgery time!! Started by: Danielle hayes

• Author

Has anyone else got a little frustrated over the lack of communication from mya over procedure times? They ask you to arrange someone to be with you ect for the day but leave it last minute to give you times so your having to constantly have people on hold, who have life’s and jobs to deal with themselves.
    Plus you like to get yourself prepared for your pending surgery so all this uncertainty is making me feel uneasy about the whole day!!
    I paid for the higher level of service and I don’t feel like I’m getting it grrrr
    Anyone else felt like this or is it just me?
    Sorry needed to rant a little lol
    Xxxx

Lucy Anna 146
    146p
    Menu

I got mine yesterday for Saturday. Keep checking your emails xx

Menu
    +1

Thanks babes xxxx
    Good luck babes xxx

Menu

Yes! I still didn’t know mine the day before my op and had to phone the hospital itself to find out my admission time as no one at MYA was answering the phone. The woman at the hospital didn’t know why I hadn’t been told as she said shed sent the times herself the Wednesday before but MYA had told me they didn’t know the times yet on the Friday. Was weird but found out eventually!
    Have you phoned your clinic?xx

Menu
    +1

How rude if them with a day before, I’m one of them people who like to know what I’m doing and when lol might ring the actual hospital today then and see if they can tell me. Thanks @laura xx

Amy 265
    265p
    Menu

Hi hun they ring you 48 hours before my op was on a friday I was rung the Wednesday afternoon x

Menu

They do normally say 3 days before so give your clinic a ring tomorrow but if they don’t let you know keep on at them!
    I was the same! I was so annoyed because I couldn’t get excited for it because I was worrying about it!xxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi Danielle I found my admission time 5days before my surgery and that was me having to pressure them almost everyday as my brother arranged a driver and needed to let him know asap. Keep calling and make sure you make it clear to them that you have to know as you have other people depending on it..hopefully you get it asap xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

I must of been lucky got mine over a week beforehand! Had the email 3 times since and a phone call. Too many notices if anything lol :’) how strange it differs so much. Which place you been going to? I’m Nottingham xx

Tania 7
    7p
    Menu

I got mine 24 hours before but I had to text my PC and ask for it as no one had contacted me xx

Nicole 41
    41p
    Menu

I got mine last Friday with op being this Friday so exactly a week before. I’d get onto them huni as they probably do have it x

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

My op is this Friday and I don’t have my admission time yet 🙁 xo

Menu

Wow want a massive difference in time scales and yes most of you are correct it’s not only about sorting reliable drivers to and from the hospital but it’s all about feeling confident in the clinic you’ve chosen and them being organised. If some people got there’s a week in advance then why can’t everyone? I’m also with the Nottingham branch and my surgery is at Doncaster.
    I’ve since rang the Nottingham mya several times over the course of this morning and no one is even answering the calls!!!!
    This just adds to people who are already nervous about the whole day 🙁
    I’ll keep trying xx

Alex 119
    119p
    Menu

I’m going to ring the clinic at Doncaster for my time because mya aren’t being helpful! Xo

Sophie 123
    123p
    Menu

Can’t believe they leave it so late. I’m going with another company and got my admission time 8 weeks before. I would ring the hospital and ask them xx

Sophie 15
    15p
    Menu

I’ve had my admission time via email today hun and my op is Sunday. What hospital are you at?? Xx

Fionajsd 131
    131p
    Menu

Iwent to doncaster got my time on the Wednesday op was on the Friday x

Menu

@sophie I got my email whoop whoop!! Finally I can plan my whole day and tell “mummy hospital” when to expect me lol I’m at the natural look clinic in Doncaster babes and I’m I’m at 10.30am. What about you. Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.