4 month post op update & possible revision needed Started by: Caitlin

• Author
    18p
    Menu

Morning girls! It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum, to tell the truth with the way my implants weren’t settling I couldn’t bring myself to look at all the pics everyone was posting. My recovery’s gone well, but my right implant has just always been behind in terms of settling… it’s always been a cup smaller, and it’s flatter on the inner part of my boob. I saw my surgeon yesterday for a postop follow up and he said the most change will happenen between 4-6 months, and as I’m almost there, with little to no change since the last time he saw me he’s not too hopeful.

So ultimately after January (6 month mark) my surgeon is offering a revision. Apparently it won’t be too major an op – he’s just going to lower the pocket and allow the right implant to drop.

I’m okay with it, I went into this knowing they’re two completely separate operations and that each implant could settle differently, in more upset that I have to go back under GA than anything ????

So anyway, here’s an up to date progress pic for anyone interested – I was 300cc under the muscle moderate profile rounds, 4 month post op. The right (left in the pic) implant is the one that’s not dropped/fluffed completely, and depending on the lighting the flatter part is really visible ????

Other than this slight hiccup, my surgeon and hospital have been fantastic and I’m looking forward to seeing my final final result ????

Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

Edit: pic size

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    em2010 17
    17p
    Menu
    +1

Wow, good news that the surgeon will rectify!

I had a similar issue, I thought at 4 months that my right breast hadn’t dropped whereas it was my left one that dropped too much and continued to do so over the years.

So, 6 years down the line with very wonky breasts I’m just 16 days post op from my 2nd surgery which I’ve paid for (at another clinic).

Good luck. They actually look great BTW 🙂

Attachments:
    Rachel 10
    10p
    Menu

Good luck with ur revision surgery ! Funnily enough I’m having the exact same issue !! I had the exact same implants as u and similar stats if you remember !

Rachel 10
    10p
    Menu

is the one that hasn’t dropped harder ? I was worried mine capsulated !

Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

That’s such a shame Em. Did the surgeon not offer to revise it?! You must be over the moon to have them sorted now after that length of time…. wishing you a speedy recovery!

Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

@Rachel these things happen 🙁 have you seen your surgeon? Mine suggested massage and extended wear of the breast band but nothing changed. I’m having another post op check in 3 months and we’ll arrange it all then.

Yes it’s firmer, I think it’s just where it’s pushed up higher as it has nowhere to drop x

Yvi 14
    14p
    Menu
    +1

My right boob has been significantly smaller since day 1. I’m 6 weeks post op tomorrow and still no change with the right. Hopefully it’s just being really slow. But good luck with your revision! X

Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

@yvi mine was different right from day one, but I just put it down to the fact I’m right handed and me doing everything with my right hand keeping the muscle tighter. It’s no biggie though, I’d rather get it sorted – I’ve spent the past 4 month groaning every time I look in the mirror lol. I don’t know when my revision will be but I’ll have to wait til after the 6 month mark.

6 weeks in isn’t too bad, yours still have plenty of time to change 🙂

em2010 17
    17p
    Menu

@Caitlin, no he said there was nothing wrong with it!!

I went at around 4 months to say I was unhappy and tbh the difference between them wasn’t as visible at that stage but clearly there was an issue and over the years it just became more and now significant.

I accept they’re sisters not twins but these were like long lost cousins 😀

Glad to have them evened out now though, just hoping they settle normal this time.

You’re very lucky they’re sorting it, who was your surgeon.

Julie 10
    10p
    Menu

Wondering if there were any signs from early on, I’m worried about my assymytry and hoping it gets better. Am only 4 weeks in Wednesday, got another check up on 8th Dec but might try and get appointment earlier as worried my incisions look a bit dodgy compared to others too and that might be warning sign things r not right….. or maybe just being paranoid……

Attachments:
    Julie 10
    10p
    Menu

Incision left

Attachments:
    Julie 10
    10p
    Menu

Incision right

Attachments:
    Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

@em2010 my surgeon is Dr Govilkar, and he is absolutely lovely. I’m not with Mya though, I went with Mybreast 🙂

Caitlin 18
    18p
    Menu

@julie I wouldn’t say I had any warning signs, although looking through my pics I can clearly see the same part of my implant has been flat all along. My left dropped steadily and came along really nicely, while my right was always ‘off’. They do change a hell of a lot in the space of a few weeks so don’t be disheartened, yours are looking great considering how early on you are. The only thing that would concern me too is the incisions! Do you keep in touch with your PC much? I always send an email to mine if I’m worried at all about anything x

Julie 10
    10p
    Menu

Thanks, suppose I’m jumping the gun, but you just don’t feel ‘early on’ yourself, cos seems like a lifetime ago I was packing my bag haha. My PC did say to get in touch if worried, I’ve sent her pics on email tonight so will see what she comes back with xo

Rachel 10
    10p
    Menu

Hopefully it might drop before u have to have revision surgery. My surgeon recommend massaging and I’m wearing a breast band to bed. Some mornings I’m like yay it’s dropping then I take a photo and I’m like oh gosh it’s not! Think I’ll arrange a meeting with my surgeon in the next couple weeks that way if I have to re op at 6 month mark i can get it booked in. Will keep everyone posted x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.