6-7 weeks measuring advice Started by: Lauren

• Author
    7p
    Menu

Hi girls

I haven’t been on here for a good 3 weeks as I thought posting every week was getting dull and repetitive. Buuuuut I have since been measured and it’s a right old mare.

Firstly I went to Debenhams who measured my band at a 32. I’ve always worn 34 so I’m happy I’m smaller. She put me in an E which was perfect but didn’t measure my bust. I went with the 32E.
    I phoned Ann Summers who said they don’t use a measuring tape, they just fit their bras to whatever you’re wearing which isn’t great as after surgery we’re basically down to square one. I didn’t go there.
    M&S seems like the best place. They measure band and bust and I came out of there at a 32F/G. Every lingerie place varies massively. I am yet to try Victoria Secret and Boux Avenue!

Having a small band and big cups is a problem for most people and some have to use special websites and even have some custom made but I am finding it so hard to find a 32E-F in nice nice bras. Even going up a back size and down a cup doesn’t work which sucks.

My advice would be to try 4-5 places and go with the identical two. Your band should always be the same but cups vary on the stores bras themselves. THEN it’s finding the bra your size which I found so difficult 🙁 I didn’t think it would be this hard!! Hahaha. Then again I didn’t think I would be an E or F!

My stats are 375cc 400cc overs – high profile.

Implants are wider than normal breasts and more perky so having BA you will be slightly bigger AND I’ve read that the best bra for implants is a plunge or balcony bra. I have plunges and they’re super comfy. Push ups are not needed and they’re not advised as they will push up the implant and misplace it permanently and it won’t fall back into the pocket!

Remember we DROP up until 6-18 months but advised to get measured after 6 weeks I know!

If anyone knows or any other places please do let me know!

I hope this helps 🙂 xXx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi @lauren, did you have an more luck bra shopping? Have your boobs “settled” any more now? My friend said hers are different to what they were at 6 weeks PO so she has been buying a few at a time. I know usually the bigger the side the little bit more expansive they can be!
    Hope all is well for you xxx

Lauren 7
    7p
    Menu
    +1

Hi @missestelle
    I haven’t bought anymore since, no. I was recommended some more sites but I think I have enough for now. I went a bit mad in the beginning haha. They have settled more yes I am massaging everyday to open the pocket etc but I had my 3 months post-op appointment and my surgeon said they looked perfect and have settled extremely quick and are now even. So I was reassured and stressed for nothing! If you can get measured at 6-7 weeks then settling is kind of more than half way. Some of my New Look E’s don’t fit so I may have to venture to an F!! VERY expensive 🙁
    I hope things are all good for you xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.