6 days to go and not prepared !!! Started by: Lucy

• Author
    16p
    Menu

Soo my op is next Tuesday and I haven’t received my admission time yet is this normal?? The only thing I have ready is a macom bra which I’ve bought until I can get measured afterwards, what else will I need girls?! I know there have been loads of these posts already but I can’t seem to find any sorry! I’m so nervous panic mode is on now xxxx

Katie 1
    1p
    Menu

I got my admission time 2 days before my op, i called the hospital myself. On the day i took with me
    Macom bra
    Dressing gown
    Slippers
    Zip up top for the way home
    Comfortable trousers
    Snacks and drinks
    Id advise getting some laxatives for after because the pain relief will block you up.
    Get a v pillow for night time as you need to sleep propped up.
    Some comfortable clothes for the week after surgery. Thats all i used. Hope it helps 🙂 xx

Danielle 17
    17p
    Menu

The receptionist from the clinic rang me hun two days before with my date.

All I took with me was a dressing gown, slippers, bra and a book which I didn’t get to read as I was pretty much seen to straight away. I do however recommend buying a v pillow for sleeping upright as its not the best position to sleep. Good luck x

Lucy 16
    16p
    Menu

Thank you girls, I think I already have most of that I’ll pack it up so it’s ready 🙂 I’m staying overnight so I think I’ll deff take a book and some magazines. All I need is a v pillow now the. Thank you I’m so excited !! Xxx

Charl@xxb 8
    8p
    Menu

Hi Lucy I have my op on Tuesday also I’m so excited but starting to get a little nervous. I hope all goes well for you. Which hospital are you going to? X #alicelucy21

Lucy 16
    16p
    Menu

@charlxxb I’m at Preston with Dr Traynor chick where are you having yours? Yeah nerves have kicked in for me now it’s got so close, I can’t believe how quickly it’s come around I booked in feb it’s just flew by! Xx

Anonymous
    3p
    Menu

I’m also Tuesday, just getting last minute bits organised. I got two oversized night shirts that button up the front from bhs for only £8! Will be easy to get on and off 🙂

Think I’ve got everything otherwise? Have you ladies been taking anything? I’ve been advised arnica tablets and vitamin c tablets so have been on them. (I’m not with may though)

Xxx

Lucy 16
    16p
    Menu

@emmadd thanks for that I’ll nip to BHS this week Ive been looking for some of those 🙂 I’m gonna start taking vitamin c from tomorrow as I’ve come down with an awful cold so want to be back on my feet by next week! Are you supposed to take arnica tabs before surgery? I thought it was just after, I’ll get some of those too xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.